Main Menu

england vs oz joke - look cool in the pub

Started by judge dreddd, 21 November, 2003, 04:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

judge dreddd

from my sister in nz ( they hate the ozzies )

An Australian family of rugby supporters head out one Saturday to do their Christmas shopping. While in the sports shop the son picks up an England  rugby shirt and says to his sister, "I've decided to be an England
supporter and I would like this for Christmas".

His sister is outraged by this and promptly whacks him round the head and says, "Go talk to your mother".

Off goes the little lad with the white rugby shirt in hand and finds his mother.

"Mum?" "Yes son?" "I've decided I'm going to be an England supporter and  I would like this shirt for Christmas".

The mother is outraged at this, promptly whacks him around the head and says, "Go talk to your father".

Off he goes with the rugby shirt in hand and finds his father. "Dad?"  "Yes son?" "I've decided I'm going to be an England supporter and I would  like  this shirt for Christmas".

The father is outraged and promptly whacks his son around the head and says  "No son of mine is ever going to be seen in THAT!"

About half an hour later they're all back in the car and heading towards home. The father turns
to his son and says "Son, I hope you've learned something today?"

The son says, "Yes dad I have."
 "Good son, what is it?"

The son replies, "I've only been an England supporter for an hour and already I hate you Aussie bastards

Bony Fella

Chortles quietly away in the corner..... :)

Devons Daddy

thats just been sent to every ozzy i my address book.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Floyd-the-k

there`s a related joke

A young guy is trying to hitch-hike across Texas.  A big black limousine pulls up, elecric window winds down, he`s hit by a blast of airconditioned air and a voice says:
"need a lift son?"
"Oh yes"
"Are you Republican or Democrat?"
"Democrat"
The window goes up, the car drives off.  This happens about five times (I don`t have time to describe the other five cars but the question is the same).  The guy is really tired and hot. Then a sports car stops.  The driver is a gorgeous young woman, wearing, as luck would have it, a short skirt.  she says
"need a lift?"
"Oh yes!" he screams
"Are you Republican or Democrat?"
No hesitiation. "Republican"
"Well, get in"
  They drive a bit.  She gives him a beer.  Her skirt rides up her thigh a bit.  She puts some suntan lotion on the top of her chest, pushing her hand down and exposing more of her fantastic bosom...
  Finally he says "stop!  Stop the car!"
"What is it?"
  "I`ve only been a Republican for an hour and I already feel like screwing someone!"

yours Ozzily,

Floyd

paulvonscott

Anyway, at least the win will keep England going through the next fifty years of losing like it does the football.

Can't say I'd be that bothered normally but having seen all the pomme bashing in the Oz media, from the ozzies in general and even on the ARU official website... ha-haaa... hope they choke on their bitterness.

Thread Zero

'Can't say I'd be that bothered normally but having seen all the pomme bashing in the Oz media, from the ozzies in general and even on the ARU official website... ha-haaa... hope they choke on their bitterness.'

Got to agree with PVS there - I wouldn't have minded loosing to a team like the New Zealanders, but the ozzers have done so much whining and bitching in the last couple of weeks I was really, really hoping that we'd beat them.  

I hope that the winning goal scored in the last 20 seconds of extra time was 'exciting' enough for their commentators.  

maryanddavid

congrats to england and all u english, hope you all have loads of beer tonight, great game too.

W. R. Logan

>Anyway, at least the win will keep England going through the next fifty years of losing like it does the football.

We seem to forget that our football team has always been fairly crap and had one moment of glory. We still arent that good, not even in the top seeds for Euro 2004. As for the rugby we've had good teams and bad but since Englamds one blip in '66 the rugby team has achieved more than the football team and looks like it will do for the next few years, whilst the football team just get worse.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

judge dreddd

great game, right to the end eh... no shame to ozzies, they played well and respect for coming back from half-time

having said all that, as we hardly win anything..

ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND

Tu-plang

Dude we're not all bad.

Well, the non-rugby fans anyway.

judge dreddd

its a pity that we lost the rugby league ( thats real rugby to you non yorkshire people ) to oz... gb vs ozze, in the cold, in huddersfield, yorkshire

it was a last minute loss though

glad to see things still normal in yorkshire i.e. losing to visiting side

Something Fishy

I'm just delighted that the best team of the last 2 years won and that they were the better side on the night.

It was great to see 2 cornish lads in the team 1.

Finally, agree totally with PVS.  It backfired bigtime ; as Larry D said "this was not banter, it was downright disrespectful and on-eyed" . hope they are happy now :-)

Something Fishy

real rugby? lol

they are struggling because it is played in such a limited geographic area that the player is badly effected.

It had it's chance when rugby union was still amateur and many top players went over .  It blew it and never grew out of it's northern heartlands enough to.

Union winning the world cup will not help your game at all on the day the league team blow it to an aussie second string.

i quite enjoy watching league, though i've never seen it live (not played anywhere near here), it has a place but lets respect the merits of both hey!!

judge dreddd

real rugby ( in yorkshire accent as from uddersfield lad ..ehee up..where we take mick out of ourselves like ) as in league was the game at my school...league is actually a faster and in my opinion superior form of the game

however, you are totally right, they blew it bigtime and were unable to push the game

too many 'lets chat down pub about our game like' goings on instead of 'lets ring sky and sell the rights eh ?'