Main Menu

siku must die

Started by judge dreddd, 03 December, 2003, 05:22:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

judge dreddd

great story ruined, instant execution...BAM

Agrivar

paulvonscott

Funnily enough, I remember a petition at our school asking for Brendan McCarthy to be stopped from working on 2000AD.  It didn't stop him thankfully.

It's all very strange but I get the feeling that somehow the sense of antagonism is wanted.  Maybe it's an arty thing, but I do want to like Siku's stuff on Dredd, despite the best efforts to thwart it.

stront692

i got nothing against the art and stuff, its just that pointy chin thing going on...

Floyd-the-k

I`m a long time Siku fan, but this story has been a bit sloppy.  Maybe he`s having his house renovated or something

Link: make an animal

Devons Daddy

Funnily enough, I remember a petition at our school asking for Brendan McCarthy to be stopped from working on 2000AD

you must have been going to a damn fine school.
i am sure i was the only one who read tooth at my school.

they sent him a copy you know. and hes really looking forward to meeting you at dreddcon.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

HiEx

Saying Siku should die is a bit extreme (maybe 10 years in the cubes instead), but he certainly should not be hired to draw anymore Dredd.

Hi-Ex

maryanddavid

never liked sikus work before,esp pan african ,but i really like this,something completly different,its nearly like a manga version.smiths script is excellent as well,just makes for a great story for me anyway.

petemaskreplica

It's not the style I object to, it's the fact that it looks half-arsed, and he really is taking the piss with that chin...

But I agree it seems a bit harsh to kill him for it. I'd just give him a slap and tell him to get his act together :)

Woolly

Better still, send him to America.

They'll probably love him!

Mimi

Wow, what a sad school!
  You are arty?  I am financial rather than arty but I like Siku anyway.  He is cool.

paulvonscott

No, I'm not arty.  

I'm just saying you get the impression from the strip that Siku has priorities above producing a well told Dredd story that people will like.  Whether that's artistic pretentions, the desire to piss people off, he didn't have the time, or he just doesn't care I don't know.  

Even if none the above isn't true, it feels like it. Lot's have people have complained about this art, but I'm pretty convinced Siku could turn in a cracking job.  I mean he *can* draw.  Maybe it was just a first attempt at that cut-down inking style a lot of people do these days that was just a bit too minimal.

Anyway, that clarified, I've had enough of this for now.  Cheers!

Krustabi

Who would be the executioner?

judge dreddd

rapid fire.da.da.da.d.a.da. riddle the body..moves across the floor...da da da da ...messy panels...bad art..nice start..then mess

Trout

I really dislike this sort of talk.

Siku's a nice enough guy and I'm not aware of the death penalty having been reintroduced for drawing odd chins.

I'll be happy when this thread drops off the bottom of the board.

- Trout