Main Menu

On telly this week

Started by Emperor, 24 December, 2011, 04:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Hulk was an eye opener - as a (pause to google dates) 10 year old, I first became aware of the 'formula', as Bixby hulked out at exactly the same times every episode - 25 mins in, and then again at the end.

The Legendary Shark

I have the entire Bill Bixby Hulk downloaded onto my ehd - but I daren't watch it >:( :sick:

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Once Upon a Time in Northern Ireland

Dredged up some serious shit for me.

Don't binge this.
You may quote me on that.

Jim_Campbell

Keep forgetting to watch stuff on Apple TV+ but am trying to rectify that...

Four episodes into Silo, and it's great. Intelligent, compelling stuff.

Just started Hijack and am thoroughly gripped after one episode.

Excited for S2 of Foundation to start in a few days.

...And will be totally there for the next series of Slow Horses as soon as it starts. TBH, this series alone is probably worth the (relatively) inexpensive sub.

And I haven't even touched For All Mankind, which I keep hearing great things about, but haven't got round to yet...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 11 July, 2023, 11:04:37 PMJust started Hijack and am thoroughly gripped after one episode.

I'm on the third episode and it's great. Keeps you guessing. Made me guess wrong a lot. Goos show. Idris Elba *Swoon*
You may quote me on that.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 11 July, 2023, 11:04:37 PMAnd I haven't even touched For All Mankind, which I keep hearing great things about, but haven't got round to yet...

I loved it - you're in for a treat!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

I'm up to Ep4 of the new Marvel offering, Secret Invasion, and I'm loving it. Sam Jackson's on fire, and lifting everyone around him. It's like Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy and Aliens had really dangerous sex and then this popped out.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

Ep 5 now. Jackson is great throughout but in this episode Olivia Coleman absolutely steals the show for me. Anyone else enjoying this as much as I am? I hope so!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 19 July, 2023, 10:23:49 PMEp 5 now. Jackson is great throughout but in this episode Olivia Coleman absolutely steals the show for me. Anyone else enjoying this as much as I am? I hope so!

Yeah, I am. Seeing a lot of sniffiness about this online, but not from me!

Trooper McFad

A thumbs up from me for Secret Invasion - I also concur on Coleman's performance in Ep5 - show stealer 👍🏻
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 20 July, 2023, 08:21:19 AMYeah, I am. Seeing a lot of sniffiness about this online, but not from me!

Fizzled out disappointingly and pointlessly, TBH. Coleman and Jackson were great, as always, but the end arrived and I really just felt... what was the point of all that?

The Legendary Shark

Yeah, that's what I thought. A bit obvious, too. Still, the journey was good even though the destination wasn't all that.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JohnW

Quote from: Definitely Not Mister Pops on 11 July, 2023, 10:48:43 PMOnce Upon a Time in Northern Ireland

Don't binge this.

I took your advice and watched one episode at a time.
I was Safe, Sound, and South when all this was going on, but these programmes made for raw viewing all the same.
Tear-jerking in places – compelling throughout.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 27 July, 2023, 10:40:28 AM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 20 July, 2023, 08:21:19 AMYeah, I am. Seeing a lot of sniffiness about this online, but not from me!

Fizzled out disappointingly and pointlessly, TBH. Coleman and Jackson were great, as always, but the end arrived and I really just felt... what was the point of all that?

I concur the final episode was totally underwhelming. Even the "big" fight was meh for me. Any way let's see what the 2nd half of the Witchers season will bring.
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Definitely Not Mister Pops on 11 July, 2023, 10:48:43 PMOnce Upon a Time in Northern Ireland

Don't binge this.

Just started this and, wow, it's compelling stuff.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]