Main Menu

Drokking Hooray - New Case Files, Stainless Steel Rat, Complete Al's Baby!

Started by Dash Decent, 06 December, 2009, 08:05:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Gloady

That Al's Baby cover COULD have aged badly, given it's inspiration was an ephemeral celebrity photo.  It hasn't.  Still raises a massive grin and tells you all you need to know about the contents - male mobster get's pregnant.  Lovely.  Getting that.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Dark Jimbo

This'll no doubt sound like heresy to some, but I hope they take this chance to ditch the annoying and unessecary Dreddworld framing devices from Al's Baby and let it stand on its own.
@jamesfeistdraws

Mike Gloady

Ignatzmonster

TordelBack

"Tales of the New Earth", eh?  A cynical if vague attempt to cash in on Jack Vance fans.  A placeholder cover dress, I assume...

Dash Decent

Amazon UK now have a thumbnail up of the draft cover for Stainless Steel Rat, but annoyingly when you click on it you are taken to a copy of the novel.

Click here

This is standard Amazon practice, and as usual they have also pulled in a load of 'reviews' in the process.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Jared Katooie

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 15 December, 2009, 12:46:16 PM
This'll no doubt sound like heresy to some, but I hope they take this chance to ditch the annoying and unessecary Dreddworld framing devices from Al's Baby and let it stand on its own.

As far as I'm concerned. Unnecessary yes. Annoying no.

I don't think these segments do any harm whatsoever to the story, plus I found them quite entertaining. Even if I really hated them I wouldn't want them taken out, as, like them or not, they're part of the story.

You can always just turn the page.

Richard

Do we really need a Harlem Heroes book? They reprinted the entire first series (the only one actually worth reprinting) in an Extreme Edition only about 2 or 3 years ago.

Button Man 4? Have they done 3 yet?

In the Case Files I wouldn't want them to interrupt the long run of post-Necropolis 2000AD stories with some Necropolis-irrelevant Megazine stories. They should wait until at least after "Death Aid." Looking forward to it all the same.

Mike Gloady

Button Man Book Three is sitting happily on my bookshelf. 

Agreed about the placement of the post-Nec Dredds, line 'em all up so they flow nicely in the next volume of the Case Files, then slot in the Non-Nec ones (obviously there's room for wriggle with regard to original publication order, but I think a few tweaks in that regard might be sensible. 

Dash Decent

Amazon UK now listing:

"Leviathan" by Ian Edington and "Disraeli" (Paperback - 15 Jun 2010) £13.99

"ABC Warriors (Volgan War)" by Pat Mills and Clint Langley (Hardcover - 15 Sep 2010)£13.99

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

The Monarch

QuoteDo we really need a Harlem Heroes book? They reprinted the entire first series (the only one actually worth reprinting) in an Extreme Edition only about 2 or 3 years ago.

if it gets us inferno hell yes we need it

Dash Decent

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 09 December, 2009, 12:09:43 PM
Amerika has slipped countless times.  I hold out little hope of anything actually arriving until it appears in my Thril-Merchant.

I've just received a dispatch notice on this title.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

radiator

Dash Decent

Quote from: radiator on 14 January, 2010, 12:44:59 PM
Cheers for the heads up, have just ordered a copy.

You're welcome.  I've just got an e-mail saying the new Strontium Dog title is shipping too, if that info is of use to you.

I really like the '2050 Aeroball Almanac' cover they've used for the draft cover of Harlem Heroes.  I hope it makes the cut.

Oh, for an update at the 2000ADbooks site.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

starlored

Just Ordered Stainless steel rat not sure about Al's Baby, problem is any body know where I can get Case File 15 Pre ordered 16 but this wll leave a gap in my collection.