Main Menu

Chris Weston - Dan Dare designs

Started by Colin YNWA, 29 December, 2009, 06:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Chris Weston has done the design work for some new Dan Dare action figures. Nice images here.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2009/12/29/new-dan-dare-figure-and-chris-weston-character-designs/

(not sure if this is the right place for this so please move as required?)

COMMANDO FORCES

Most impressive but his fingers need to be able to curl round that pistol grip a wee bit more or it'll fall out of his hand ;)

Trout

Mike Gloady

Like that.

I hear he's in the process of working up spaceships for that line too, which must be amazing.  Can't wait to see those, as Mr Weston's gives great spaceship as his work on Ministry of Space with Warren Ellis demonstrates....
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Dash Decent

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 29 December, 2009, 07:02:38 PM
Most impressive but his fingers need to be able to curl round that pistol grip a wee bit more or it'll fall out of his hand ;)

Yes, and I can see where Digby's shower rose got to.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Wake

I'm in contact with Day2Day Trading and planning to sell these figures through Termight Replicas (because I want to buy them myself). The photos are of the prototype and I've been giving my feedback to Day2Day in the hope that the final product will be even better.

Cheers,

Wake

thehod

They look really good. That may need to be a sneaky "dont-tell-the-wife" purchase.

Although I'd also like it if Chris Weston got back to finishing off The Twelve.
The Hod: Novelist, raconteur and celebrated sexual athlete.

pauljholden

Quote from: thehod on 08 January, 2010, 11:25:36 AM
They look really good. That may need to be a sneaky "dont-tell-the-wife" purchase.

Although I'd also like it if Chris Weston got back to finishing off The Twelve.

Chris can speak for himself, but in case he's not around: Chris would probably love to be finishing the Twelve but only if he had a script. In fact, he's so desperate to draw the Twelve that he wrote and drew (with inks by Gary Erskine) his own limited edition series.

-pj

thehod

Quote from: pauljholden on 08 January, 2010, 11:32:00 PM
Chris can speak for himself, but in case he's not around: Chris would probably love to be finishing the Twelve but only if he had a script. In fact, he's so desperate to draw the Twelve that he wrote and drew (with inks by Gary Erskine) his own limited edition series.

-pj

I thought that'd be the case. Mr Straczynski's not a great one for finishing what he starts, but the only detail I was able to find was that both parties were caught up with other work. As I've been seeing a bit of Chris's work in the progs recentley I wondered if the delay was more on MJS's part rather than Chris's.

Its a damn shame, as The Twelve was shaping up to be one of the best titles of the last five years.
The Hod: Novelist, raconteur and celebrated sexual athlete.

Steven Sterlacchini

Lovely figures. Excellent design by Chris.

Hope the Dredd ones from 3A are as good.

vzzbux

Sheeeeit. Something else I am going to have to buy and slowly incorporate into the household so my missus doesn't notice.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Wake

The Dan Dare in flight suit figure is shipping next week and pre-orders are open on my site.

Cheers,

Wake

Johnny Alpha

Dan the man seems to be coming into vogue at the moment, long overdue. I remember ploughing thru hundreds of 50's and 60' Eagles that came out of an old ladys loft, and could only ever be arsed with Dan, skipping thru the rest of the comic. And much as i love 2000ad, the new 'improved' Dan Dare never really worked did it? It looks like He could be making it onto our screens in the near future too. GO DAN!!  :D

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Johnny Alpha on 04 May, 2010, 11:41:10 AM
Dan the man seems to be coming into vogue at the moment, long overdue. I remember ploughing thru hundreds of 50's and 60' Eagles that came out of an old ladys loft, and could only ever be arsed with Dan, skipping thru the rest of the comic. And much as i love 2000ad, the new 'improved' Dan Dare never really worked did it? It looks like He could be making it onto our screens in the near future too. GO DAN!!  :D

I once felt the same way about Slaine and 2000AD, but since then I have widened perspective.

Buddy

Quote from: Minty on 19 January, 2010, 04:13:53 PM
Lovely figures. Excellent design by Chris.

Hope the Dredd ones from 3A are as good.

But not as costly!

I think these are going for about £100.