Main Menu

Rebellion FLESH Reprint WANTED !!! like really Badly !!!

Started by Peter Wolf, 09 December, 2010, 06:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

This is the reprint with the printing errors from 2009 that i am after that i cannot find anywhere online.

If anyone has a copy of this that they dont want or no longer read i will pay 50 GBP +postage for a copy in presentable condition.Presumably if anyone has a spare copy it will have lived on a shelf anyway so i dont anticipate that condition would be a problem.

I am not up for swapping anything for it as i dont have anything to swap/exchange.

I wont pay any more than 50 GBP and obviously i wont pay any less so dont even ask  :D

It also goes without saying that i am not a timewaster.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Dr Feeley Good

Iv'e got one i will sell you for that ! its the one with the same page reprinted and old one eye on the cover ?......

Peter Wolf

Quote from: SteveMillar on 09 December, 2010, 06:40:44 PM
Iv'e got one i will sell you for that ! its the one with the same page reprinted and old one eye on the cover ?......

That sounds like it although i cant recall the cover art offhand but having just done and imagesearch it does have Old One Eye on the cover.

Its a deal by the sounds of it.

Dr Feeley Good

its number is ISBN 978-1-906735-11-1 reprints flesh book 1 & 2 ,hand of glory and the guess whats coming to dinner one page by o'neil.....

Peter Wolf

Dr Feeley Good

pm me your address and how you want to pay...cheers steve

Peter Wolf

Peter Wolf

I have just finished a re-read of Book 1 for the first time since reading it first time round and i have to say because of the artwork it is just as much of a confused mess now as it was then.I was actually straining to follow and make out what is going on in some/most of the panels which ruins the flow of the narrative and everything else for that matter and its interesting how Kevin ONeill was asked to draw some of the more complicated panels as if to do something that the main artist couldnt do himself/themselves.The strip alternates between two artists who are very similar and neither was any better or worse than the other which isnt being kind btw.

I dont think the script is anything that wonderful but it does its job well enough for what it is to carry a strip that features cowboys and dinosaurs which is a briliant idea which hasnt been explored enough or well enough.

What a relief to have got all that over with to go on to book 2 where its as clear as day who was the perfect artist to draw Flesh.Enough said.

It was interesting reading the intro where Pat Mills raves on about what a great artist Ramon Sola was and how Ramon Sola was perfect while Belardinelli gets a namecheck and nothing else  :-\

This is one of those instances where i dont really understand Pat Mills.The proposed Return Of Claw Carver also mentioned in the intro wojuld have been a good idea but it was shouted down by a faction of very vocal fans who disapproved of the idea.Its always a shame when that happens but i have heard of instances of this happening but i cant recall what about.