Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Link Prime on 07 January, 2022, 10:04:36 AM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 05 January, 2022, 11:34:40 AM
Had to google him - shameless self-publicist would be my take.

Rationally, yeah.

I watched this interview with him recently - he comes across as genuine, if a bit too slick;
https://youtu.be/4yX6ETCKyPo

Hard to completely dismiss him as a loon based on his former employment though.

Anyway, it's a topic that piqued my interest, based on the relatively large amount of coverage it's received in recent years.

Emphasis mine.

High Office in the US is more concerned with right-wing christian demagoguery slick presentation than rigorous scientific scrutiny.

Bonkers personal beliefs do not exclude you from prestigious jobs in 'merca
You may quote me on that.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Funt Solo on 14 January, 2022, 06:35:54 PM
Single page of Spider-Man comic sells for over $3.3m

And while I defo get the historical significance its not a great example of Mike Zeck's work even.

Dandontdare

Friend of the forum and US Dredd-evangelist Douglas Wolk (KTT) has read every single Marvel comic and written a book about it. He talks about it in today's Guardian

Colin YNWA

And the pedant in me wants to point out the back drop to the photo header of the Guardian includes comics from a range of publishers. But that would be petulant and childish so I wont...

Great article I'm defo getting the book.

CalHab

It's a good book (so far, I'm only halfway through).

Proudhuff

Harsh words for The Punisher!
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

I wonder what Dredd's head count is?
DDT did a job on me

Funt Solo

Quote from: Proudhuff on 20 January, 2022, 03:29:37 PM
I wonder what Dredd's head count is?

Approximately.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Definitely Not Mister Pops

So, some guy called Patrick Collins edited Star Trek: The Motion Picture down to just over 20 minutes and scored it with Daft Punk's Tron: Legacy. If you have a spare 20 minutes, I would highly recommend Star Trek Legacy
You may quote me on that.

Tiplodocus

:lol:

I'm hoping it's just twenty minutes of Enterprise pron.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Funt Solo

That's made me re-appreciate the visuals on that movie. Ultimately, I found it dull compared to all the shouty, blasty, ear-buggy, open-shirted Montalbon-iness of Khan, but visually it's striking.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dandontdare

Quote from: Mister Pops on 23 January, 2022, 04:10:57 PM
So, some guy called Patrick Collins edited Star Trek: The Motion Picture down to just over 20 minutes and scored it with Daft Punk's Tron: Legacy. If you have a spare 20 minutes, I would highly recommend Star Trek Legacy

Thanks I enjoyed that. I remember thinking at the time that there was about 20  minutes of story stretched into a  very well-padded (and quite dull) movie! The score works pretty well most of the time too.

Proudhuff

Wish some one would do that with Star Wars....
DDT did a job on me

Funt Solo

I see Russell Brand has started wearing the tin foil hat.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++