Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaolin_monkey

In 1930, the Republican-controlled House of Representatives, in an effort to alleviate the effects of the... Anyone? Anyone?... the Great Depression, passed the... Anyone? Anyone? The tariff bill? The Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act? Which, anyone? Raised or lowered?... raised tariffs, in an effort to collect more revenue for the federal government. Did it work? Anyone? Anyone know the effects? It did not work, and the United States sank deeper into the Great Depression. Today we have a similar debate over this. Anyone know what this is? Class? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone seen this before? The Laffer Curve. Anyone know what this says? It says that at this point on the revenue curve, you will get exactly the same amount of revenue as at this point. This is very controversial. Does anyone know what Vice President Bush called this in 1980? Anyone? Something-d-o-o economics. "Voodoo" economics.

vzzbux

In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 04 July, 2012, 02:44:48 PM
The Juews are the men that will not be blamed for nothing.
Belongs in the Ripper thread...
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Bubba Zebill

Of all the animals to clone, a bloody sheep, they all look the bloody same!
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Proudhuff

This is not Nam. This is the internet. There are rules.
DDT did a job on me

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dandontdare

All irregularities will be handled by the forces controlling each dimension. Transuranic heavy elements may not be used where there is life. Medium atomic weights are available

TordelBack

I watched Attack of the Clones again tonight.  Holy shit is that one crap movie. 

Spikes

Quote from: Dandontdare on 06 July, 2012, 09:48:32 PM
All irregularities will be handled by the forces controlling each dimension. Transuranic heavy elements may not be used where there is life. Medium atomic weights are available

Magnet and Steel have been assigned! Bloody love that programme.

The Legendary Shark

I experienced an Event the other day and I need to tell you all about it because none of my RL friends will understand and mostly because I feel it important that I should teach you about what I learned from this Event even though (you claim) you have experienced a similar event it simply cannot be of the same high order of magnitude as the Event I experienced that quite laterally changed my life (yes, I said laterally on purpose to demonstrate that my whole perspective on life has changed thanks to this Event) and I'm now Chosen of God to tell you what the Event means and how it changed my outlook for the better and will also change yours and it's so simple the Lesson is that you just have to blah blah blah blah happiness blah blah positive energies blah blah waffle piffle blah Great Spirit wiffle blah blah cast into Hell for the rest of time.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Judge Jack on 06 July, 2012, 10:22:54 PM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 06 July, 2012, 09:48:32 PM

Magnet and Steel have been assigned! Bloody love that programme.

Magnet and Steel

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Roger Godpleton

They all grew up in the same orphanage together but the lady from the future made them forget.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

The Legendary Shark

Pfft. They did that in 'The Not-Too-Brightly-Lit-At-All Zone' in 1732. Somebody should sue somebody and I should be respected and revered for my wide-ranging and comprehensive knowledge of all sorts of pointless obscura.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Frank

Quote from: TordelBack on 06 July, 2012, 10:14:21 PM
I watched Attack of the Clones again tonight.  Holy shit is that one crap movie.

How dare you! You probably just haven't watched films in the correct order.