Main Menu

Current TV Boxset Addiction

Started by radiator, 20 November, 2012, 02:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Rome was fun once they got the obligatory HBO nakedness and violence toned down and got on with the story, Spartacus: Blood and Sand was just badly done nonsense, not bad enough to be fun or funny but po-faced enough in a 300 way to make it a laughing stock.

Those nice peeps at Lovefilm have finally sent me the first disc of Treme: series 4. Nice.
DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

Ah no Huffster,  Spartacus was brilliant: definitely bad enough to be funny, but it also completely and unashamedly embraced its sweaty nipple histrionics and endlessly exaggerated aesthetic, resulting in marvelous painterly setpieces and gripping melodramatic payoffs. Just bats enough to be great.

Dandontdare

I'm fighting with Tordelblock on this one - Hannah's finest hour!

SIP

Yeah, another fan of Spartacus here too, though the first two series far surpassed the last two in my opinion.

Richmond Clements

Have had Revolution on as I work the past while... it's very very silly, isn't it? I have thought there's a drinking game in taking a shot everytime someone has a gun held to them and then a character off screen saves them - it happens at least twice an episode.
Much like Dean Norris in Under the Dome, you can see the scream from behind Giancarlo Esposito's eyes as he thinks 'I was in Breaking Bad!'

Theblazeuk

Quote from: Satanist on 17 September, 2015, 09:14:45 AM
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub BITCHES!

Is what I have been mostly watching and entirely loving.

Poor Morty... and poor Rick, I guess.

auxlen

Just restarted Breaking bad and I'm struggling with the last season because i hate Todd so much. Dead eyed prick. (or potato Matt damon)

Currently re-watched all of red dwarf. even enjoyed the previously hated (by me ) series 9.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: auxlen on 28 September, 2015, 05:23:00 PM
Just restarted Breaking bad and I'm struggling with the last season because i hate Todd so much. Dead eyed prick. (or potato Matt damon)

I quite liked calling him Meth Damon.
You may quote me on that.

TordelBack

Quote from: auxlen on 28 September, 2015, 05:23:00 PM
Just restarted Breaking bad and I'm struggling with the last season because i hate Todd so much.

Woah yeah, he is a vile creation alright. Even though he's meant to be exactly that, he's still hard to watch for multiple episodes. Frankly I just wanted him to die right after the train heist.

auxlen

Although the scene where they cut up the bike then...

but yeah...he's just vile.

Hawkmumbler

Been catching up on Rick and Morty and can't add anymore superlatives than have already been gushed upon the series. Utterly hilarious.

Satanist

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 29 September, 2015, 05:08:36 PM
Been catching up on Rick and Morty and can't add anymore superlatives than have already been gushed upon the series. Utterly hilarious.

I'm still here and still selling real fake doors  :lol:
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Hawkmumbler

"I'm 'Ants-in-my-eyes' Johnson! And everything is black, I still can't feel a thing and I hope our prices aren't too low!"

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 29 September, 2015, 06:44:46 PM
"I'm 'Ants-in-my-eyes' Johnson! And everything is black, I still can't feel a thing and I hope our prices aren't too low!"

:D Best one :D

Goaty

American Horror Story: Freak Show (Season 4) and The Flash: Season 1 will coming to Netflix on October 6