Main Menu

Current TV Boxset Addiction

Started by radiator, 20 November, 2012, 02:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

HOUSE OF CARDS (with Kevin Spacey) is a bit good.

We also started watching BOSCH on Lovefilm. It looks like a good police procedural with added swearing, nakedness and gore.  The dialogue veers between seemingly authentic cop mumble speak to cliched "He's not worth it!". So a bit like a Michael Connelly book then.  Connelly, coincidentally, plays poker (as himself) with Nathan Fillion in Castle.

Oh and we watched the first episode of TRANSPARENT because it has the magnicient Jeffery Tambor in it.  We classified it as TBFTL.*

* Tits, Bum, Fannies; The Lot.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

auxlen

Just binge watched Ray Donovan on Amazon. a Very odd series with some truly disturbing scenes and a lot of dark secrets worming themselves out of cans. (Jon Voight is truly disgusting)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2249007/

Loved it tho.
They are making me purchase season 2 on DVD. bastards.

Goaty

Finally finish complete seasons of Dexter as only watched first season on TV long time ago! What a crappest ending!!

Dexter does went down after season 4. :(

Theblazeuk

Over the Garden Wall

Weird, fun stuff.

Citi-Def_Joe

A bit late to the party but  really enjoyed the first series of  Rick & Morty, perfect little sub 30 min episodes of silly slightly weird fun

ThryllSeekyr

Must get the box set of Monty-Python's-Flying-Circus.. the entire collected series. I sure it's still available to buy first hand. 

Devons Daddy

just about to complete, Battle Star Galactica (not the original team)
first time is was a WOW , second time its an AMAZING WOW :o
almost halfway through the final season now,

stands up well, and will likely age with grace due to it dirty ,realistic flawed characters and at times impactful questions it raises leaving the viewer with the question,

ok lets not consider the final episode, i know, but I can live with it.
but still an incredibly good show.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

radiator

Netflix's controversial new series Making a Murderer.

I'll save you some time.

This zeitgeisty docu-series actually made me a bit angry - It's like Errol Morris' The Thin Blue Line or the HBO Paradise Lost trilogy, except that in this case [spoiler]the guy the doc is trying to exonerate blatantly did it.[/spoiler]

Watch those aforementioned docs instead - they're far more compelling and don't feel so dishonest.

richerthanyou

I went back and watched the first followed directly by the final season of Breaking Bad. I must have watched the whole thing 4 times through already, and the show is just as exciting still. I must remember to build myself a meth empire one of these days...
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

Hawkmumbler

Man in the High Castle. It's bloody fantastic stuff.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 21 January, 2016, 11:33:41 AM
Man in the High Castle. It's bloody fantastic stuff.
Positively glacial but in a good way. Rufus Sewell is superb.

HOUSE
I think we are somewhere in Season 3 - a great half dozen episode arc where House gets singled out for treatment by a superb, softly spoken David Morse appears to have come to a bit of a damp squib ending [SPOILER] (Cop gives up when even Cuddy closes ranks, House is in Rehab but sill on his pills?) [/SPOILER] but Hugh Laurie was absolutely on fire as his addiction amplified his ass-hattedness. 

The episodes are often best when you have a good patient rather than a good mystery; so we've had some crackers with Joel Grey, John Laroquette, an angry twenty something couple and a big, big fella in a pretty convincing fat suit (the chap from Herschell's farm that Shane [SPOILER]did the dirty on[/SPOILER]  in The Walking Dead). 

I also laughed like a drain when House's secret stash of Vicadin was in his Lupus (whatever that is) Reference book and he says "But it's never Lupus" (this has become a running joke in the Tips' Household).
Anyway, cracking stuff. And we haven't even got to Olivia Wilde yet.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Satanist

Quote from: radiator on 11 January, 2016, 01:25:48 AM
Netflix's controversial new series Making a Murderer.

I just finished this and really don't know what to think. I feel that the young guy Brendan was just a bit thick and that Avery would have to be a complete and utter nutcase to murder a random with millions of USD just a few months away. The docs obviously biased but the whole things just odd but then that's people for you.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Goaty

Fargo Season 1 - what I just watch? that was great enjoyable and Billy Bob Thornton's character  :o And nice to know one link to that film Fargo

Fargo Season 2 - Never expect it better and so brutal! [spoiler]too many killings! [/spoiler]

Jessica Jones - Finally watch it, very enjoyable and [spoiler]final battle got me big grin [/spoiler]

Proudhuff

Penny Dreadful - series two: Mad, glad and dangerous to know, ignore the plot holes and Count Arthur Strong's sidekick's underacting and go with the flow. Loverly to look at too and the usual overly used quick cuts sparely used mostly replaced by long panning shots. Bliss.
DDT did a job on me

Mattofthespurs

Doing Scrubs again. Not watching the awful 10th season when I get to it though.