Main Menu

Y'know what really grinds my gears?

Started by Link Prime, 12 April, 2014, 01:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

von Boom

I completely understand your stress, PK. This is a very personal crime and hard to get over. You're right about waiting to go to the police since it won't be a priority and likely bundled with other such crimes.

I hope your peace of mind is restored quickly and if the laws ever change and the bugger is caught you're allowed to give them a firm kicking in the groin of your choice.

paddykafka

Cheers, VB and much appreciated. Thanks! - Paddy

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

paddykafka

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 15 August, 2021, 04:36:54 PM

Was there cctv on the tram?

Well, their website says something about having CCTV "On Tram" - which I presume is the same thing? - and at Luas stops. I gave the cops the details of what happened. Doubt if anything will ever come of it but I suppose you never know.

What I find strange is that, back in my youth - when I still had my full health and could afford to travel - I ventured around a fair few cities in Europe, India, Central and North America and never had a thing happen to me. (And I've wandered naively and inadvertently into some really rough areas and places in my time.)

It is a shame that I cannot feel as safe and secure in my own town.

Funt Solo

On those terrible "Cops Have Cams" shows, they always recognize the local footpads, so you never know. Say it in a Sweeney voice: "he's got form".

Sorry you got your wallet lifted - from experience I know that's a shitter, and all the more frustrating because there's most often no way to catch the scumbag.

(I did also once catch a thief in the act and manage to get my wallet back with nothing missing - but it's not as if they'd learned any lesson from the experience - they managed to do a neat trick of cognitive dissonance and blame me!)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

paddykafka

Quote from: Funt Solo on 16 August, 2021, 05:38:47 PM
On those terrible "Cops Have Cams" shows, they always recognize the local footpads, so you never know. Say it in a Sweeney voice: "he's got form".

Oooh, now you have me wondering which John Thaw police incarnation I would like to see nabbing the thief: the world-weary, lonely Inspector Morse, or the tough, macho Jack Regan, who might accidentally drop the miscreant down the steps of the police station?

That's a tough one... ;)

Pyroxian

One of the advantages of the banking Apps I have on my phone is that I can use them to freeze my card instantly in the case it gets nicked.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Pyroxian on 16 August, 2021, 10:49:47 PM
One of the advantages of the banking Apps I have on my phone is that I can use them to freeze my card instantly in the case it gets nicked.

App banking is one of only two things I miss now I've binned the smartphone and gone back to a flip. On the whole I don't miss the Iphone, it had become an infuriating time vacuum and distraction, but the efficiency of knowing how much was in my account at a glance or when the next train is from anywhere I wanted is a luxury I will have to do without.

paddykafka

Quote from: Pyroxian on 16 August, 2021, 10:49:47 PM

And on the subject of banking, I was told by one member of the customer service staff - as they tapped away on an ipad - that they had put in a refund request (or wording to that effect), and that the money which the thief had stolen when they tapped out my card, would be accessible to me again on Monday.

The cashier I  spoke to just after this, thought that it might be Tuesday and she gave me a number to ring.

Which I duly did today.

Three times.

And each time, the line just disconnected after a few ringtones.

So, equipped with the appropriate ID, I went back into town and to a closer branch to me today to see what the story was. The lady behind the counter checked my account but  no refund had gone through. And so once more, I'm put onto another phone in the bank, spoke to a bloke there who informed me that, lo and behold, it would take at least two weeks for their fraud section to investigate what happened, and only then would it be decided if I was due a refund. And that basically the staff in the original branch should not have told me that I would get the money back as swiftly as they suggested. All I can do now is wait and see.

I sincerely hope, that the worthless, thieving, evil scumbag who has put me in this horrible mess, gets the worse fucking cancer going and that they die screaming of it. And if that sounds terrible, well consider this: Multiply the misery, inconvenience and serious hardship that I have been put through these last few days, by the suffering of all the other innocent victims of this feral, piece of gutter-trash filth, and I figure a horrible, lingering and painful demise is a fair bloody exchange.

von Boom

Aggravating and shite news, paddy. I think if you've reported it to the police and have a case number the bank should issue the refund on the spot. The bureaucracy is completely unnecessary. I think your punishment sounds fairly reasonable. That or being repeated beaten over the head with a ball-peen hammer until dead.

paddykafka

Ah, thanks, Von Boom. It means a lot. And while I'm here, a quick shout-out to Funt Solo and Sharky as well for their previous support and helpful comments. For obvious reasons, my head is a bit all-over the place and I neglected to include my gratitude towards them in my previous posts.

auxlen

Inconsiderate/noisy/invasive neighbours.
My neighbor is 'special needs' and we tend to the garden and help her. she is bullied by her other neighbors. so angry.

Woolly

Quote from: auxlen on 30 August, 2021, 06:14:33 PM
Inconsiderate/noisy/invasive neighbours.
My neighbor is 'special needs' and we tend to the garden and help her. she is bullied by her other neighbors. so angry.

What a bunch of [spoiler]REDACTED[/spoiler]  >:(
I've lost count of the number of properties I've eventually left due to noisy [spoiler]arsehole[/spoiler] neighbours - A curse of the pox on them all.

The Legendary Shark

In my experience, bullies tend to be cowards putting on a front to hide their fear. Perhaps a touch of psychological warfare may be useful - just enough to make them believe that backing off and shutting up is their wisest option.

No probs, Paddy. I'm just glad I could help in my own small and limited way - thanks are always appreciated but never required.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hawkmumbler

Middle management bullies.

Is there a more inadequate creature than these miserable flesh bags on this ungodly rock?