Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

TordelBack

Another glorious book in Issue 4, really making me wish I could subscribe since I seem to be buying all the bloody things anyway (maybe hardbacks are the disease, and Brit Cit Brute is the cure!).  Walker's art on The Connection is gobsmacking, and in collected form it reads less like a shaggy dog story and more like an essential tension-builder. Lots of nice sketches from Carlos in the back - such furious energy!

I had wondered about the sense of including The Spirit of Christmas, since I think if takes away from the ambiguity of the ending and perhaps forms a better link for the start a Tour of Duty book. However, having seen it in place the rightness is apparent, if only to cement Colin's place as chronicler of the big beats.

Oh, and because it continues to amuse me and only me:

Forty-five - Fargo's alive!

Echidna

Quote from: Tordelback on 04 March, 2015, 03:04:00 PM
Forty-five - Fargo's alive!

I can't not read that in the voice of Brian Blessed.

Number ten: Tibetan Zen!

Spikes

Four down.....

And as someone who ummed and ahhed about going for these, im glad I did. They are indeed handsome looking books.

I didn't really look around for these when the launch happened. I simply found a shop that stocked the first one, and have continued to shop there ever since.
Today however, they had only the one copy, and I had to hunt that down. Hidden as it was amongst the rest of the magazines. When in the past it was in clear view, and they had 3, or 4 copies.

Is it typical for these collections to become less 'visible' after a while. I guess if they are selling then the shop keep on getting them in. And of course I can always place an order to guarantee my copy.

IndigoPrime

Looks like the ratio of decent folk to dolts on Facebook is increasing, too, which is good to see. Fewer people whining about not getting their copy before it hits the stores; more people patiently explaining how partworks are usually distributed, or just saying they're happy.

Colin Zeal

Picked up my copy from wh smith yesterday. I had so much trouble in finding it I was about ready to give up when I saw someone else at the till with a copy. It's another lovely edition.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Colin Zeal on 05 March, 2015, 08:11:12 AM
...I had so much trouble in finding it I was about ready to give up when I saw someone else at the till with a copy...

You make it sound like you wrestled it off them - now that's dedication!

Mattofthespurs

Received my copies of 4 & 5 this morning along with the coasters.

These really are beautiful books and this is going to be a stunning series once it's complete.

Very happy with the books and the gifts.

Glad I subscribed.

Colin Zeal

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 05 March, 2015, 08:21:17 AM
Quote from: Colin Zeal on 05 March, 2015, 08:11:12 AM
...I had so much trouble in finding it I was about ready to give up when I saw someone else at the till with a copy...

You make it sound like you wrestled it off them - now that's dedication!

Sadly not. He got out of the shop before I could ask him where he'd found it, so I still had another few minutes wandering round the shop before I found it with the newspapers. Why it wasn't with the comics or the section with the Origins and Fourth Faction trades is beyond me.

IronGraham

We're werewolves not swearwolves

Proudhuff

Hivemind Q: Whats  the content of this origins vs the TPB like?

For our Cal-Hab readers: all RS McColls branches I checked have carried these... just staying.
DDT did a job on me

Fungus

Quote from: Proudhuff on 05 March, 2015, 12:28:07 PM
Hivemind Q: Whats  the content of this origins vs the TPB like?

For our Cal-Hab readers: all RS McColls branches I checked have carried these... just staying.

Content-wise I noted the olde trade states 192 pgs so I presumed much the same content. Wondered the same...

Ta on RS McColl. I fear after the launch kerfuffle I won't see more books in WH Smith (locally). As a tart who will pick up books here and there, looked forward to Origins so bought direct from Hachette this morning. Beats eBay.

dweezil2

How do subscribers who subscribed to the test run go about updating their subscription to the premium service, securing the art prints?

Many thanks.

Dweezil.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

robert_ellis

Just ring up - they'll adds pound to each issue. Or send an email & wait 4 days.

dweezil2

Quote from: robert_ellis on 05 March, 2015, 01:57:26 PM
Just ring up - they'll adds pound to each issue. Or send an email & wait 4 days.

Many thanks dude!   ;)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo