Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

The packaging thing is really odd. The books come in card sleeves and tend to get banged about. My Apocalypse War was beyond what I considered acceptable. The replacement arrived really quickly, wrapped in bubble wrap. Bizarre they don't do that for all of them. Presumably the number of replacements costs less than upgrading the packaging for everyone.

(Mind you, still no 4+5 here. Sigh.)

Mattofthespurs

All 5 of mine have arrived in perfect condition.
The badge was damaged but I got a replacement, sent with another mug in the mug box, pretty quickly.

Satanist

None in FP today but found it in a newsies. Lookin forward to this one as its all new to me.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Skullmo

yeah - the badge in the packaging wrecked my apoc and mechanismo - origins had a small ding in it but i didn't bother complaining. And America Shamblla was perfect.

Not sure if anyone has seen this yet - I just spotted it https://forbiddenplanet.com/136989-2000ad-judge-dredd-graphic-novel-collection-volume-6-mandroid/
It's a joke. I was joking.

J.Smith

Quote from: Skullmo on 19 March, 2015, 02:03:41 PM
Not sure if anyone has seen this yet - I just spotted it https://forbiddenplanet.com/136989-2000ad-judge-dredd-graphic-novel-collection-volume-6-mandroid/

Someone pointed out that FP had that listed upcoming volumes previously, yeah. Might've been me actually, since I do know that I thought Mandroid's cover, taken from the first story, was the best so far. Gotta love Kev Walker's pissed off Dredd.

Judge Nutmeg

the only downside with white covers is my mucky paw marks  :lol:

Anzati

Issues 5 and 6 turned up today (with the free coasters), can't wait to read these and I've not read either Snmballa or Mandroid before and I do love both Arthur Ranson's and Carl Critchlow's work :)

robert_ellis

My replacement copy of Shamballa came today - I can't really fault Hachette when they replace scratched books so easily. Any idea what's after Mandroid?

IndigoPrime

It looks like my account's now finally rumbled back into action again, with 4+5 and the coasters today prepped for shipping. It is a bit weird people are now digging into Mandroid though, when plenty of people haven't got issue 4. One issue behind, sure, but three? Ah well.

Anzati

Yeah, seems that Hachette got into some sort of mess with the initial orders that they haven't quite gotten out of. They seem to have gotten a month behind with those who subscribed from issues 1 or 2. I guess that's an artefact of the monthly delivery, but fortnightly release...

Is 4 and 5 your third delivery? 5 and 6 was my second delivery and I'm expecting my third delivery of issues 7 and 8 to appear on my account around the 7th April.

IndigoPrime

Yep. I ordered from #1. My dates so far:

Jan 20: Subscribed from issue one
Jan 27: Issue 1 dispatch
Feb 14: Issue 2+3 dispatch (2.5 weeks)
Mar 21: Issue 4+5 dispatch (5 weeks)

On the assumption this is a fortnightly collection, it's odd to see 2.5-week gaps per book here. If the sub doesn't rebalance, there'd be no books at all in June. (I assume the next dispatch will be closer to April 18.)

I guess given the manner in which these are mailed in blocks combined with Hachette's "never charge anyone twice in one month" mantra, the people who subbed from issue one AND late in the month may end up with this odd lateness.

Spikes

And I finally tracked down a copy of book 5. I knew I would,  ;)
But to save any future hassle, I've set up a standing order with my local newsagent.

As with the previous four books, this is one nice looking collection.

I've got the stories already, but I honestly cant remember the last time I read them, so looking forward to re-visiting these.

(Just a slight shame the cover doesn't contain a flash of red, like the others...)

robert_ellis

Super Mario

I'm stupid, can someone explain the endings to Shamballa and Satan for me?!

Zenith 666