Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

Quote from: Colin Zeal on 05 May, 2015, 11:30:00 AM
Ennis is likely to get a book of his own, isn't he? Probably Helter Skelter and the page difference made up with his run on Dredd.

I'd like to read helter skelter
It's a joke. I was joking.

robert_ellis

Get out your glue & scissors and you too could make a COMPLETE Judge Dredd Cursed Earth with the missing stories...

http://youtu.be/USFJjtsDj64

Skullmo

These books would have been so much nicer with the colour spreads - really missed a trick there.

I can only hope that the deluxe case files that is coming out is using new scans of the art, rather than the scans that have been used in the case files and the mega collection

IndigoPrime

Quote from: robert_ellis on 05 May, 2015, 12:58:14 PM
Get out your glue & scissors and you too could make a COMPLETE Judge Dredd Cursed Earth with the missing stories...
How on earth did you get those extra pages to stay in place?

robert_ellis

Copydex on spine - there's gutter loss but I'm pleased. Surprised these pages haven't been redrawn or disguised at some stage. Still if Zenith & Dan Dare can be reprinted any things possible.

Albion

Nice work.
When the Case Files came out I printed the missing stuff and I keep them in an envelope on the bookshelf with the books.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Jock Savage

Quote from: Skullmo on 05 May, 2015, 12:36:48 PM
Quote from: Colin Zeal on 05 May, 2015, 11:30:00 AM
Ennis is likely to get a book of his own, isn't he? Probably Helter Skelter and the page difference made up with his run on Dredd.

I'd like to read helter skelter

Imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

The Monarch

Ennis is guarranteed at least 2 helter skelter and judgement day and the irish stuffs confirmed right so thats 3....and presumably goodnight kiss will be reprinted too

Silent_Bomber

Quote from: The monarch on 05 May, 2015, 08:23:26 PM
Ennis is guaranteed at least 2 helter skelter and judgement day and the Irish stuffs confirmed right so that's 3....and presumably goodnight kiss will be reprinted too

I quite like Monkey On My Back. I would prefer it over the aforementioned.

Though I'm not sure what it would go with and its less than 50 pages long I think.

BPP

Goodnight Kiss is terrible. Key period bad Dredd.

For the sake of (the thesedays tremendously talented) Garth Ennis and the 'new readers' 2000AD wants to get from this exercise it is precisely the type of stuff to avoid. Mind you The first half of The Heavy Mob volume was exactly that over the top, not-funny, maschismo tosh that drove so many away from the comic so its clearly not verboten.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Silent_Bomber

I don't mind Marshal/Goodnight Kiss, it has distinctive artwork, good fight scenes, Dredd eating Vultures whilst nailed to a cross!, and IMO the scene with the ghosts is reasonable too, I find it generally inoffensive.

I really don't like Helter Skelter at all though. Judgement Day is a little better but only because it has Johnny Alpha and an army of Zombies in it and at least comes across as grandiose (as opposed to just feeling like bad fan-fiction).

robert_ellis

Is the Marshall the story with amazing Sean Phillips painted art? Generally I don't mind a simple story with great art or vice versa.

Skullmo

robert_ellis

Frank Miller? They can use his Megazine Cover!

IronGraham

We're werewolves not swearwolves