Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anzati

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 22 September, 2015, 02:46:47 PM
On Facebook:

QuoteHey guys, It doesn't look like there is a problem with the source material so we are looking into whether or not something has gone wrong in the printing process. It has not affected the whole run though, so if you haven't provided us with your address and the issues affected via PM, do so and we will send out replacements! Thanks!

I wonder if this is why the my replacement issues have not shown up on my account yet or been delivered...

Apestrife

Just finished OZ. Much I liked reading it in the case file book, as a stand alone book with colourspreads it really shined.

Love the weird mix of Dredd going against Chopper (who's introduction is perfectly handled. No need to have read the old stories to follow this one) and then teleportating clone extremists judges. Not to the mention the giant mexican mutant chickens and also showing Chopper's influence on people. I also liked having covers between the eps. Not only did I like the looks of them, but they also helped separate the two story lines.

Only down side of the book was some of the spreads. Some text boxes disappeared in the center of them. Just as with Democracy now. While I could make out most of what they said, I still wish they could've been a bit better. But all and all, I really liked it.

My aim is to read both DoC books tomorrow, followed by Dark Justice :)

Jade Falcon

So what's the next book?  Sorry for keeping asking but it would be nice to know what to expect next.  I'm liking that I'm getting a lot of stuff I haven't read before.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 25 September, 2015, 07:17:50 PM
So what's the next book?  Sorry for keeping asking but it would be nice to know what to expect next.  I'm liking that I'm getting a lot of stuff I haven't read before.

Back on page 84 of the thread: http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,41506.msg887162.html#msg887162
@jamesfeistdraws

Anzati

Well my replacements for the damaged issues arrived today. Just had a flick through Total War and the print quality is much better than the first one that I received.Every page is readable, although one page still suffers from fuzzy double exposed text and a few other the text is quite thick...nothing that will stop me enjoying this one though :)

Hope they've got to the bottom of the problem and that future volumes won't be hit by this though...

The next two volumes will be interesting as we hit the first point where I think I'll have read every story in both volumes before, so far I've been lucky and at least one volume each month has had a large chunk that was new to me.

IndigoPrime

Good to hear replacements are on the way. (I've not had one yet.) And since every other book's been OK, I suspect this was a one-off cock-up in the print run. These things happen.

Apestrife

I finished reading Day of Chaos: The Fourth Faction & Endgame (the JDMC-books. Intro text to endgame was a bit blurry, otherwise OK) and Dark Justice the other day.

A bit hard finding the words for it, but for me the story is sort of a massive culmination of everything. Everything blows up in the faces of the judges and the MC1 citizens. Blows the lid sky high, and lets it all crash down to absolute hell.

And while Day of Chaos -for me- IS the IT with the city brutally dying, I think Dark Justice serves as a nice little dessert to the disaster. Rich people escaping the city by going on a space cruise, that happens to have the dark judges aboard.

I cannot wait till I get to read America, Origins, Tour of duty and Day of Chaos in one go in the mega collection format :)

ManParrish

Does anyone know if more classic stories are on the way...not sure there has been even one Ron Smith yet?

robert_ellis

... Does classic mean b&w? I get the feeling the colour stuff is being prioritised. Although we've just had Oz & Cursed Earth. I'm loving these books & glad we're not just getting the Bolland stuff I've got 3 copies of already. I'm guessing Judge Child & Otto Sump are dead certs. I think they are doing a good job for lapsed readers showing the links from The Apocalypse War to Day of Chaos.

ManParrish

Yes I guess so, would like to see the Angel gang and certainly the two you mention. Seem to recall a story where humans were being used as food, little like Soylent Green?

Satanist

If there's a Ron Smith issue then I look forward to re-reading Graveyard Shift.

Also just read both Chaos Day books and it really reads better than it did week to week. You get a real sense of urgency and how quickly its all gone tits up that I didn't get from the prog.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Tjm86

Quote from: ManParrish on 28 September, 2015, 04:00:49 PM
Yes I guess so, would like to see the Angel gang and certainly the two you mention. Seem to recall a story where humans were being used as food, little like Soylent Green?

Wasn't that a Siku drawn strip?  Something to do with the creature from the Post Apocalypse War Thing tale where Dredd ended up impregnated.  Dredd managed to avoid being hypnotised because of his bionic eyes and paired up with a bite fighter.  Part of the plot was to do with a new teleport system that was being tried out and being hijacked.

robert_ellis

...that sounds like a feverish dream. Can't wait to read it!

ManParrish

Not sure I remember that much detail. Was an 80/90s story. Also a story with a large green octopus-type of creature !? Was there a story where Dredd was undercover as a large guy, again can't remember much details

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Tjm86 on 28 September, 2015, 05:56:51 PM
Quote from: ManParrish on 28 September, 2015, 04:00:49 PM

Wasn't that a Siku drawn strip?  Something to do with the creature from the Post Apocalypse War Thing tale where Dredd ended up impregnated.  Dredd managed to avoid being hypnotised because of his bionic eyes and paired up with a bite fighter.  Part of the plot was to do with a new teleport system that was being tried out and being hijacked.

That was John Smith's Meatmongers from 2003. Great stuff, wish Smith would do more Dredd actually. He really 'gets' it.
@jamesfeistdraws