Main Menu

The 2000 AD Thrill-Cast - the official podcast of the Galaxy's Greatest Comic!

Started by Molch-R, 22 January, 2015, 10:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 13 May, 2015, 10:31:33 PM
For some reason I thought it was Clacton Fuzz and the Fenmen who came from Milton Keynes, but I'm probably just confusing that with the Milton Keynes Mutant Ghetto.
I thought Clacton Fuzz was from Essex (along with his son, Frinton - a couple of towns along from Clacton on Sea).

Colin YNWA

Never have I looked forward to a weekend of wallpaper stripping so much. As its turned out wallpaper stripping is the only time, space and child free quiet I can find at the moment to catch up with the pod-casts!

Steve Green

Bat King

Milton Keynes is a Ghetto... Ghettos are usually where a population are forced to live. They might originate from all over...

So Durham Red was from Durham BEFORE the Ghetto for example. Frinton Fuzz and the Fenmen were almost certainly from the coast... That's where Fens are, well currently they are at the Wash, I'm guessing he either moved from Clacton or they got a Fen 'now'/'then'.

ETC...

The army comes from all over to get together. I don't have it to hand to check which bits actually get identified. But yeah...
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Muon

Great to hear the Ian Edginton interview this week. Reading his Stickleback in collected form was one of the things that got me back into the prog. Looking forward to Helium - Edginton's worlds are always fascinating and D'Israeli always brings them to life beautifully. It was fascinating to hear more about how writers and artists team up to realise their stories after the glimpse Pat Mills provided when he talked about Slaine a few weeks back.

Skullmo

Has there been another thrillcast? I thought they would be posted in this thread when they came out
It's a joke. I was joking.

Muon

Quote from: Skullmo on 29 May, 2015, 05:46:27 PM
Has there been another thrillcast? I thought they would be posted in this thread when they came out

Ah, I didn't realise it hadn't been announced. I just got it because it automatically loaded up my my iTunes. I recommend a listen - it's another good one!

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Bogbrush on 30 May, 2015, 04:09:05 AM
Quote from: Skullmo on 29 May, 2015, 05:46:27 PM

Ah, I didn't realise it hadn't been announced. I just got it because it automatically loaded up my my iTunes. I recommend a listen - it's another good one!

Yup. Subscribe. Problem solved.

robert_ellis

Great Podcast. I miss the ones dedicated to the MegaCollection - just because I'm fascinated by the history & selection of those strips. Please keep up the good work - both interviews were great and it's fascinating to hear the voices of creatives just to see if it syncs with their heroes & creations

Colin YNWA

More wall paper stripping, more Podcast listening and this one was a gem (Ian Edginton one) really nice chat with Daniel Dwyer who really comes across as the fan made good. Some great little snippets from Mr Edginton, the connection to come with Helium and ... another of his strips, the vague mention of more Scarlet Traces type stuff to come. The dnagling idea of one day getting a character to tranverse the Edgi-verse BUTBUTBUTslipped in there, a little un-noticed did I not hear mention of a potential return to Leviathon, no ones mentioned it, did I dream it.

That would be great... well we don't need it as its complete on its own but if done well how can that not be great news?

Fungus

Was the most entertaining so far for me, Edginton and Dwyer good guests. All I remember of Leviathan is the comment that it can't be continued; doesn't mean that sly Edginton droid didn't drop a hint. He's just the type.

Molch-R

In case you've missed it on social media and through your subscriptions/RSS feeds, the latest 2000 AD Thrill-Cast is now available to download/listen to!

Jump on board with the Judge Dredd Megazine as, in the first of a two-part special, we talk to Carlos Ezquerra, Gordon Rennie, Leah Moore, John Reppion, and Tom Foster about their all new Dredd-world strips for Megazine #361 - out on June 17th!

Subscribe on iTunes
www.2000adonline.com/thrillcast

Listen/download
http://2000adthrillcast.podomatic.com/
https://soundcloud.com/2000-ad/the-2000-ad-thrill-cast-10-june-2015

Timothy

Thanks; I enjoyed that. There was mention in the thrillcast of a new iOS app in place of the newsstand one, yet I can't seem to find it. Was the thrillcast premature?

Molch-R

Quote from: Timothyjacobs on 10 June, 2015, 05:34:32 PM
Thanks; I enjoyed that. There was mention in the thrillcast of a new iOS app in place of the newsstand one, yet I can't seem to find it. Was the thrillcast premature?

No, unfortunately a giant Apple-sized spanner got thrown in the works there :/