Main Menu

The 2000 AD Thrill-Cast - the official podcast of the Galaxy's Greatest Comic!

Started by Molch-R, 22 January, 2015, 10:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apestrife

Amazing as always, but for me the Wagner interview took it the next level. And to think there's another bit in two weeks.

Thanks alot Molch-R :)

abelardsnazz

Great first part of the John Wagner interview, I almost feel like I'm in the pub with them (sigh).

matty_ae

Hawkmumbler

Having a bit of a catch up and the John Wagner interview is a doozy. Man's a true gent as well as a talented writer.

Molch-R

This week on the 2000 AD Thrill-Cast we continue our epic interview with 2000 AD legend John Wagner, from the beginnings of 2000 AD and his writing partnership with Alan Grant to why he thinks he's never made it in American comics. Swearing and background noise aplenty in our second episode!

http://2000adonline.com/podcast

Molch-R

Quote from: sheridan on 13 December, 2015, 10:20:45 PM
Great stuff, as a matter of interest on who could potentially appear in upcoming thrillcasts, how many people who we haven't 'met' work in the Command Module?
- Tharg
- Cyber-Matt
- Molch-R
- SAM 2.0 + OZ-BRN-1
- graphic novels editor Keith Richardson and head of publishing Ben Smith (absence of droid names (that I can recall) suggests they work more for Rebellion than 2000AD, if that makes sense?)
- reprographics droid Kathryn Symes
- K-T Rex (has appeared in a thrill-cast but it was ages ago and I can't quite remember what this particular droid does, sorry!)

Just realised I never answered this: Keith is officially designated Robo-Keef, Kathryn is Kat-Scan, and Ben is B3N. K-T Rex is a part-time droid construct that we reactivate for US conventions.

abelardsnazz

Great second part of the John Wagner interview, some good laughs, probably because he can't help but see the humour in everything. Top stuff.

Muon

I... Want... To... Go... For... A... Beer... With... John... Wagner.

Muon

I'm actually going to miss the pissed-up women in the background. This time I cracked up when there was a lull in the interview and at the same time one of the women suddenly said, "Shit," and all the others burst into laughter.

sheridan

Quote from: Molch-R on 24 February, 2016, 10:25:24 AM
Quote from: sheridan on 13 December, 2015, 10:20:45 PM
Great stuff, as a matter of interest on who could potentially appear in upcoming thrillcasts, how many people who we haven't 'met' work in the Command Module?
- Tharg
- Cyber-Matt
- Molch-R
- SAM 2.0 + OZ-BRN-1
- graphic novels editor Keith Richardson and head of publishing Ben Smith (absence of droid names (that I can recall) suggests they work more for Rebellion than 2000AD, if that makes sense?)
- reprographics droid Kathryn Symes
- K-T Rex (has appeared in a thrill-cast but it was ages ago and I can't quite remember what this particular droid does, sorry!)

Just realised I never answered this: Keith is officially designated Robo-Keef, Kathryn is Kat-Scan, and Ben is B3N. K-T Rex is a part-time droid construct that we reactivate for US conventions.
Thanks for the answer - we just don't get enough stories about the Nerve Centre since the glory days of Eric Bradbury...

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 27 February, 2016, 11:47:06 PM
Thanks for the answer - we just don't get enough stories about the Nerve Centre since the glory days of Eric Bradbury...
Though we do get quite a bit on Nerve Centre life away from script and art droids in Droid Life of course!

CalHab

Great interview that really brightened up a long dull drive yesterday. The only low point was when a van drove into the back of my car (nobody hurt), but it seems churlish to blame Molch-R for that.

SuperSurfer

On the subject of John Wagner interviews (I'm enjoying the podcasts btw) it seems as good a place as anywhere else to post this. Interview with John Wagner, Jon Sanders and Alan Grant from the Sunday Telegraph magazine. Found it in my tat and scanned it. Undated, but I guess it's probably from late 1983 as it refers to the launch of the Dredd Eagle comics.

Apologies if I bust the width of this page, but hopefully people can read it.

(Must confess I'm curious about the Koo Stark Dredd t-shirt photo mentioned in the article.)

Colin YNWA

Colin YNWA

Kinda goes without sayign the Wagner chat is just fantastic. I especially like the way its covering a lot of none 2000ad stuff, give the 2000ad stfuff does feel like its more known to get the inside on the other stuff is great.