Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aceface11

Just FYI - you can now add your subscription number to the Hachette site without getting an error. I'm all subbed up for first free issues!

Matt

abelardsnazz

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 09 August, 2017, 10:55:44 AM

With this collection, there has to be a value proposition to each person that justifies the outlay. If someone cannot afford it or doesn't want to replace existing collections with these new ones, fair dos. That doesn't mean they're somehow being a bad person with regards to 2000 AD.

I am the target audience for this, given my 19+ wilderness years. As with the Mega Collection, I'm looking forward to catching up with what I've missed and revisiting the classics. I've bought a few GNs during the MC run but hopefully there won't be too much duplication.

walrus

Quote from: aceface11 on 09 August, 2017, 12:29:04 PM
Just FYI - you can now add your subscription number to the Hachette site without getting an error. I'm all subbed up for first free issues!

Matt

Mine is still giving the error.

For those who subscribed to the test, is it the subscription number from back in March or have you been given a new subscription number?

Thanks

Mattofthespurs

I've just logged in with the sub number I got via the email I received a few days ago.
Can't tell you if it was different from the one I got for the test issues or not as I don't have that information anymore.
Just phoned up and upgraded to the premium sub as well as there did not appear to be a way to do that via the Hachette account page.

JaHawkDroid

I was emailed a new subscription number a few days back (Sunday, I believe) - just registered with that and it worked a treat

Jim_Campbell

If you haven't listened to the Thrill-cast yet, there's a snippet in there about this that's tipped me over into a solid 'buy': [spoiler]The Complete Nikolai Dante — nine volumes in hardback.[/spoiler]
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

walrus

Thanks both. I have just checked my emails and I haven't had a new subscriber email sent. The only email I have received is the generic one on Friday saying that the test subscriptions will be reactivated.

I will wait and see if anything else arrives and then give them a call

Cheers

Anthony Garnon

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 09 August, 2017, 02:17:02 PM
If you haven't listened to the Thrill-cast yet, there's a snippet in there about this that's tipped me over into a solid 'buy': [spoiler]The Complete Nikolai Dante — nine volumes in hardback.[/spoiler]

And released in order too, it sounds like!

JaHawkDroid

I would recommend messaging them on Facebook. They're great at responding

walrus

Thanks for the tip, I have heard they are quite good at responding on there. Unfortunately I don't have an account and am not going to join just to sort this.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 09 August, 2017, 02:17:02 PM
If you haven't listened to the Thrill-cast yet, there's a snippet in there about this that's tipped me over into a solid 'buy': [spoiler]The Complete Nikolai Dante — nine volumes in hardback.[/spoiler]
YOU ARE NOT HELPING, JIM.

Quote from: Anthony Garnon on 09 August, 2017, 02:34:43 PMAnd released in order too, it sounds like!
AND NEITHER ARE YOU.

*sobs*

Bolt-01

The worst thing here for me is that the only book of Dante I've not got is the second Tsar wars. So- do I let all my current trades go and get the UC versions or just pick up the UC edition that runs those issues?

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 09 August, 2017, 03:35:40 PM
The worst thing here for me is that the only book of Dante I've not got is the second Tsar wars. So- do I let all my current trades go and get the UC versions or just pick up the UC edition that runs those issues?
Hard to advise. Mostly, I think I'm going to have someone (Matt? Molch-R? Jim?) explain to my wife why there are going to be two card boxes of books dropping through the letterbox every month now, rather than one. (I did get a "you may have to keep the books OR the Progs" response last weekend, although that was because she misunderstood the nature of the collection, with it being reprints of key stories, and not ALL of the stories. So I may be walking a fine line here.)

Rara Avis

I signed up for this yesterday for the exact same reason .. after so many years in the wilderness I want to re-read some of my old favourites and other things I might have missed out on over the last couple of decades.

This is amazing as far as I'm concerned! This is amazing as far as I'm concerned! This is amazing as far as I'm concerned! This is amazing as far as I'm concerned! This is amazing as far as I'm concerned!
Quote from: abelardsnazz on 09 August, 2017, 12:49:40 PM
I am the target audience for this, given my 19+ wilderness years. As with the Mega Collection, I'm looking forward to catching up with what I've missed and revisiting the classics. I've bought a few GNs during the MC run but hopefully there won't be too much duplication.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 09 August, 2017, 03:39:26 PM
explain to my wife why there are going to be two card boxes of books dropping through the letterbox every month now, rather than one.
As I get The Mega Collection, The Marvel Graphic Novel collection, The DC Super Hero collection, The Doctor Who History, The Star Trek Graphic Novel collection, plus Build a Millenium Falcon and Build and R2-D2 I think one more may count as grounds for divorce.
Still, probably worth it