Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 18 August, 2017, 11:30:09 AM
Assuming Durham Red is being considered a distinct title, ten books should be enough to cover all of Strontium Dog to date, as far as I can tell. I wonder whether we'll get black and white or colour Starlord spreads this time?

No idea - they've already scanned some of the colour annual stories for FCBD issues etc.

If they do colour spreads for Stront, I'll buy them.

abelardsnazz

It's also been announced that Dark Justice will appear here rather than in the MC. That's 66 pages so what else will feature? Other more recent stories or a Greg Staples themed volume?

IndigoPrime

Perhaps the sequel, currently running in the Meg? I've no idea how many pages that gets the book to, though.

Dark Jimbo

I'd love Serial Serial, Ladykiller and other general DoC epilogues, rather than say, more Dark judges stuff.
@jamesfeistdraws

JaHawkDroid

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 18 August, 2017, 01:57:50 PM
I'd love Serial Serial, Ladykiller and other general DoC epilogues, rather than say, more Dark judges stuff.

I'm reasonably certain there'll be some post-DoC material in the Mega Collection extension

IndigoPrime

"Subscribe today!" suggests the email I just got, for the collection I already subscribed to the other day. Oh well, pretty pictures in my inbox beats yet another press release about something I couldn't give two hoots about.

The Monarch

I guess sindex is easier to cherrypick but man i hope we get a proper eurocrash/downlode tales that rebellion denied us

aceface11

At the risk of being unpopular can I ask about:

Finn
Harlem Heroes

And how about a collected Vector 13 volume. No? :p

Matt

BPP

Harlem Heroes - yes
Finn - NO WAY.

My own love would be a Belardinelli issue of Blackhawk and his many Future Shocks.

2000ADs neglected genius. 

Lobster Random (and The Vort), The VCs and a John Smith edition would be ace too.

Probably unlikely the lot of it.

A £10 hardback of Brass Sun would be something I'd buy multiple copies of and gift to every young kid in the family / friends. Just a brilliant and rare all-ages effort from modern 2000AD
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

moly

Would love a hardback copy of meltdown man and there needs to be a Harry twenty not sure what could be included with it

davidbishop

Quote from: moly on 19 August, 2017, 12:34:15 PM
Would love a hardback copy of meltdown man and there needs to be a Harry twenty not sure what could be included with it

There are two other prison-based 2000AD series but neither is hugely popular: Dead Men Walking & Stalag 666.

Steve Green

Quote from: moly on 19 August, 2017, 12:34:15 PM

DR & Quinch seems like it would be a fairly slim volume - tonally nothing like it, but you have the Alan Davis connection.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Monarch on 18 August, 2017, 05:57:12 PM
I guess sindex is easier to cherrypick but man i hope we get a proper eurocrash/downlode tales that rebellion denied us

Trouble is both of these (Eurocrash and Downlode Tales) lose a LOT of impact without the establishing stories that makes their impact really important I'd say. Both are exceptional and do stand alone, but are served better in context.

moly

Steve Green