Main Menu

Judge Dredd: Mega-City One - TV show announced!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 10 May, 2017, 05:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Mardroid on 14 August, 2017, 12:20:52 PMI thought the architecture was something the Stallone film got right
Aside from redressing that same set about 50 times!

JLC

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 14 August, 2017, 02:13:08 PM
Quote from: Mardroid on 14 August, 2017, 12:20:52 PMI thought the architecture was something the Stallone film got right
Aside from redressing that same set about 50 times!
The 2012 movie got over that by only having one set.

Rusty

Quote from: 8-Ball on 14 August, 2017, 12:13:39 PM
Quote from: Rusty on 12 August, 2017, 10:00:09 PM
Quote from: 8-Ball on 12 August, 2017, 12:53:25 PM
If the next pieces of concept art to be released have some of that Judge Dredd uniqueness then I'll be as happy as a pig in poop. Until then...
Like the Stallone version did? God, I hope not. It might be a very polarising thing on here, but for me, it has to retain a bit of actual real world semblance,

No, it doesn't. Not really. Start taking away the crazy architecture and it stops being Judge Dredd. It just  becomes yet another generic futuristic cityscape. Ezquerra's, McMahon's and Flint's MC1. With McNeil's colour scheme. That's the way to go.
I think the 2012 film was pretty unique as far as the cityscape went. Believable too. But yeah, I agree, when I first seen it, I just chalked the lack of congestion that the comic version has as being down to a run down sector, or just being very early after the Atom War when the blocks were just first erected.  The concept image, I think, is a perfect blend of the realistic theme of Dredd 2012, only expanded upon to feature the spaghetti like pedways between the buildings.

As for the Lawmaster, I liked this concept. Looks like a offroad cruiser.

GrudgeJohnDeed

Its not tons to go off, but the concept art looks pretty great! Starting to get my hopes up for something more faithful to the comics!

Not a dig at Dredd 2012, absolutely drokking loved it, but I do think comic book MC1 is ultimately much more interesting than 2012 MC1. Not only visually, but also I cant imagine all the weird sci-fi stuff and extreme sports and fads that occur in the comics happening in that more contemporary vision of the city. I want flying cars and fatties and boing! That wonderful clash of flamboyant towering buildings, outrageous technology and human filth. Where it seems like anything is possible yet the Judges are always around a corner to arrest you for doing it, however innocent. Most people have no job or purpose beyond entertaining themselves, life is cheap and crazy. A sprawling, glistening plasteen favela. Its such a rich world, I hope it doesn't get watered down too much. I'm rambling again!

Would be great to see Karl back in the role, it might be weird at first seeing him playing a different version of Dredd in a different version of MC1 but It'd normalise pretty quickly I'm sure. He gets it.

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: Rusty on 14 August, 2017, 11:08:57 PM
Quote from: 8-Ball on 14 August, 2017, 12:13:39 PM
Quote from: Rusty on 12 August, 2017, 10:00:09 PM
Quote from: 8-Ball on 12 August, 2017, 12:53:25 PM
If the next pieces of concept art to be released have some of that Judge Dredd uniqueness then I'll be as happy as a pig in poop. Until then...
Like the Stallone version did? God, I hope not. It might be a very polarising thing on here, but for me, it has to retain a bit of actual real world semblance,

No, it doesn't. Not really. Start taking away the crazy architecture and it stops being Judge Dredd. It just  becomes yet another generic futuristic cityscape. Ezquerra's, McMahon's and Flint's MC1. With McNeil's colour scheme. That's the way to go.
I think the 2012 film was pretty unique as far as the cityscape went. Believable too. But yeah, I agree, when I first seen it, I just chalked the lack of congestion that the comic version has as being down to a run down sector, or just being very early after the Atom War when the blocks were just first erected.  The concept image, I think, is a perfect blend of the realistic theme of Dredd 2012, only expanded upon to feature the spaghetti like pedways between the buildings.

As for the Lawmaster, I liked this concept. Looks like a offroad cruiser.

I think both the uniform and bike look better than the Dredd versions.  I'm surprised they didn't go with those.   However the bike still looks too small to me and not powerful enough.   Again I think the bike should be pretty big and much bigger than any modern bike.   Even if it's done by cgi like the Minty version.

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: GrudgeJohnDeed on 15 August, 2017, 01:22:34 AM
Its not tons to go off, but the concept art looks pretty great! Starting to get my hopes up for something more faithful to the comics!

Not a dig at Dredd 2012, absolutely drokking loved it, but I do think comic book MC1 is ultimately much more interesting than 2012 MC1. Not only visually, but also I cant imagine all the weird sci-fi stuff and extreme sports and fads that occur in the comics happening in that more contemporary vision of the city. I want flying cars and fatties and boing! That wonderful clash of flamboyant towering buildings, outrageous technology and human filth. Where it seems like anything is possible yet the Judges are always around a corner to arrest you for doing it, however innocent. Most people have no job or purpose beyond entertaining themselves, life is cheap and crazy. A sprawling, glistening plasteen favela. Its such a rich world, I hope it doesn't get watered down too much. I'm rambling again!

Would be great to see Karl back in the role, it might be weird at first seeing him playing a different version of Dredd in a different version of MC1 but It'd normalise pretty quickly I'm sure. He gets it.

I liked Dredd 2012 too but agree with what you say.

CalHab

Quote from: Beeks on 14 August, 2017, 01:01:58 AM
Dirty Frank and Lenny to get an outing?

Love Lenny..one of the few to get one over on Joe

Lenny Zero is a very dated character, in my opinion.

Dirty Frank, on the other hand, would be brilliant.

Mardroid

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 15 August, 2017, 01:25:58 AM
I think both the uniform and bike look better than the Dredd versions.  I'm surprised they didn't go with those.   However the bike still looks too small to me and not powerful enough.   Again I think the bike should be pretty big and much bigger than any modern bike.   Even if it's done by cgi like the Minty version.

I really like the style of the bike, but I agree, something bigger would be better. Only a bit bigger though. Long but not too bulky.

The uniform is interesting. Not so keen on the shoulder pads lacking an Eagle, and I'd make the chest armour less thick, but that's pretty nice.

8-Ball

Quote from: CalHab on 15 August, 2017, 08:19:56 AM
Quote from: Beeks on 14 August, 2017, 01:01:58 AM
Dirty Frank and Lenny to get an outing?

Love Lenny..one of the few to get one over on Joe

Lenny Zero is a very dated character, in my opinion.

Dirty Frank, on the other hand, would be brilliant.

Dirty Frank is definitely someone that I would like to see make an appearance at some point.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Mardroid on 15 August, 2017, 12:27:28 PM
but I agree, something bigger would be better. Only a bit bigger though. Long but not too bulky.

Yer maw!
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 15 August, 2017, 06:00:39 PM
Yer maw!

Your're mom, shurley?

I'd like to see a bike that only Judges can ride. Make it one of the reasons why it takes some of those fifteen years to train up.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Eric Plumrose

A boot-holster. I wanna see that, too. And lotsa other stuff. But none of the stuff I don't wanna see.

von Boom

Not if the stuff you don't wanna see is the stuff I wanna see.

Eric Plumrose

Could be a problem, that. They should call off the whole thing.

von Boom

You're probably right. I mean, good luck getting two or more nerds to agree on every aspect of a show.