Main Menu

Kiss My Axe! Sláine The Warped Warrior: The Secret History,

Started by rogue69, 23 June, 2018, 10:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

Pat Mills has just announced that he is giving away part 1 of his new book "Kiss My Axe! Sláine The Warped Warrior: The Secret History", all you need to do to receive this is to have purchased a copy of "Goodnight, John Boy" or you will get this when you buy a copy.

Here's part of the email he sent out via his Millsverse website

Greetings from the Red Branch!

I've just finished Part One of Kiss My Axe! Sláine The Warped Warrior: The Secret History, and I'm giving it away for free to everyone who buys (or has already bought) a copy of Goodnight, John-boy.

You guys get a heads up before everyone else – by virtue of being on my mailing list!

All you have to do is send me your proof of purchase: a copy of the receipt – or if you don't have it any more, a pic of you with the paperback or ebook is fine.

And I'll send you a download link. Simple as that.

By the way, I absolutely love Alex Ronald's Kiss My Axe cover, I think it's even better than his Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave! Quite strange to have my own eyes staring out at me ...

Below is a bit more info about what you can find in Part One: Sláine The Wanderer, but first just let me say that the complete book is quite a way off: I'm backed up with projects and unlikely to get started on Parts Two, Three & Four until much later in the year. So it'll probably be early 2019 before Kiss My Axe - the complete works, is published.

Tomwe

Necropost! New newsletter from Pat says he is just coming to the end of writing "KISS MY AXE! The Secret History of Slaine the Warped Warrior" (and then moving on to Spacewarp 2).

I expect this will dish the dirt on why that final Slaine epic took so long to come out!

Tomwe

robprosser

Quote from: Tomwe on 12 July, 2021, 04:41:04 PM
Necropost! New newsletter from Pat says he is just coming to the end of writing "KISS MY AXE! The Secret History of Slaine the Warped Warrior" (and then moving on to Spacewarp 2).

I expect this will dish the dirt on why that final Slaine epic took so long to come out!
Off topic, I know, but he's going to move onto Spacewarp 2? I'd assumed that it would have already been written and with the artists. It's a good job the majority of copies would have been sold to old 2000ad fans and not the fresh new audience that Pat says it's aimed at.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: robprosser on 13 July, 2021, 08:15:51 AM
Off topic, I know, but he's going to move onto Spacewarp 2? I'd assumed that it would have already been written and with the artists. It's a good job the majority of copies would have been sold to old 2000ad fans and not the fresh new audience that Pat says it's aimed at.

Yep, seems a bit mental. It's one year since the release of issue one, and the newstand edition is just about to come out - but the second issue still isn't even written...?
@jamesfeistdraws

broodblik

On Spacewarp I think that it did not sell as planned and the reason for the newsstand release and delay on version 2.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.