Main Menu

Meg 426: blocking move!

Started by The Monarch, 17 November, 2020, 02:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

It's cheaper than publishing stories, and in 2020 it's probably necessary for Tharg to keep overheads down. He's done well to keep two comics in print without missing a single week.

Link Prime

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 25 November, 2020, 10:10:31 PM
Can you show me on the doll where Tharg hurt you?

"RIGHT HERE"

< Every forum member points to patch of thinning hair in unison >

Freddychopper

That sulking Judge Whisper in Deliverance. Loved it!. Top creepy art as always. Great issue as usual but wish my postie would treat the comic with more respect. Yep, folded in half again :( Now I must sulk as well

broodblik

Another great meg. The mg has certainly hit some great form the last few months. I cannot choose which was my favourite and looks like we might have two stories that can join Lawless on a more regular basis (Megatropolis and Dreadnoughts). The Dredd story at least gives us a possibility to see more Wagner in the future.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

TordelBack

So I'm gradually picking up digital Megs as and when I can find the cash, and so have a delayed reaction to this one.

The conclusion to Dredd: Bennett Beeny is downright excellent. The only place where I really missed Colin was in the reveal of America (Jara) herself, which didn't really come across as her (I thought it was a version of Ami herself). Other than that, top stuff from Cornwell (and Wagner).

Megatropolis.  Nah. This is a good story with spectacular art, and I think I'd really enjoy it if it was just America, Rico and Joe in AltDecoCity-1, but the relentless name-dropping has just killed it stone dead for me. After the previous episode I thought I might warm to it, get my head in the Elseworlds zone and go with the flow, but no, just not for me.

Still, I'll happily look at the art all day and squint just enough to blur the very lovely lettering so I don't see the pointless names Guthrie,  Roffman, McGruder and on and on and on. A rare case where a Niemand script just doesn't work for me.

Dreadnoughts. Great near-future procedural, perfectly matched with Higgins & Hurst, and wears it's prologuery lightly.  My hat is completely doffed to Mike. Damn fine read.

The Returners. Still not a hint of a clue what's going on, still think it's overly liberal with the page real estate, but very very nice to look at. I'll catch up eventually. I hope.

Deliverance is another strip where the background is unknown to me,  but even I can pick-up on colonial marines hijacked by Dark Judges, and this was a corker of an episode. No idea what Whisper's story is, but he's wonderfully creepy in a Swamp-Thing-villain way. Very enjoyable.

Was going to complain about inconsistencies in the Encyclopedia (Judge Caligula again? Lack of reprint info on some of the entries etc), but then I got completely absorbed reading about stories I'd almost-or-completely forgotten,  and others I'd definitely never read. So scrub the moans, this was diverting stuff!

Haven't tackled the text features yet, but I will.  Good value comic, and pretty from stem to stern.