Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2022

Started by Dash Decent, 20 July, 2021, 01:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nxylas

Some good shouts here. I Fought The Law and Windmills Of Your Mind seem like quite likely candidates. the Sin Dex and Judge Death ones are bugging me, because the synopses feel like they're inspired by well-known songs, but I'm racking my brains trying to think exactly which ones.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 22 April, 2022, 02:59:07 PM
Coming too the meg in July:

More action and adventure in the future-shocked world of Judge Dredd! It's the Red Queen's last stand in "Regicide"; organized crime and politics mix in Lawless: "Ballots Over Badrock"; Goya tries to get her revenge in the final episode of Death Cap; there's a complete Tale From the Black Museum as greedy burglars get their just desserts in "Little Weed"; and Psi-Division is about to get a new head in "Dissolution." Plus there's the usual interviews, features, and in the bagged graphic novel the killer shark Hook-Jaw is reinvented by Alec Worley and Leigh Gallagher!

Andy Clarke - I'd never have guessed.

broodblik

The Out Webshop Exclusive Edition:

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

That's a wow. What an amazing cover!

IndigoPrime

"Also available in hardback."

FUCK, YEAH!

broodblik

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 18 May, 2022, 09:40:46 AM
"Also available in hardback."

FUCK, YEAH!

I think it is only the webshop exclusive edition that will be available in HC
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

IndigoPrime

Indeed, but I'm happy it exists at all. That is always far from a given. I really really wanted this book to be in that format.

Now, who do we have to bribe to get a Lawless HC deluxe edition?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 18 May, 2022, 09:50:55 AM
Now, who do we have to bribe to get a Lawless HC deluxe edition?

This. So very much this!

broodblik

IndigoPrime

How lovely to see Kevin O'Neill chatting about this stuff. (Ennis's responses here are great, too, but we quite often hear his side!)

broodblik

Coming to the prog in August:

Incredible SF action from the Eisner-nominated UK anthology! In Progs 2293-2295, Judge Dredd battles Brit-Cit forces in "Special Relationship"; Atalia Jaegir gets jungle fever in "Ferox"; Brink: "Mercury Retrograde" reaches its terrifying finale; Dexter goes against the gangs in "Malice in Plunderland"; and Nolan Blake's mission is nearing its endgame in Skip Tracer: "Valhalla"! In Prog 2296, it's the third all-ages takeover of 2022 as 2000 AD Regened returns with more new characters and old favourites, including Cadet Dredd!

broodblik

Coming to the meg in August:

More action and adventure in the future-shocked world of Judge Dredd! Lawless: "Ballots Over Badrock" wraps up with things looking desperate for Metta Lawson; Anderson, Psi-Division enters a new era in "Dissolution"; and there's a complete Judge Dredd thriller in the "Little Shop of Terrors." Plus there's the usual interviews, features, and in the bagged GN this month the first series of Dan Abnett and Richard Elson's irreverent fantasy saga Feral & Foe!

Colin YNWA

Loving both those covers! With both Lawless and Brink finishing in August Tharg is going to have quite the job on his hands to make September no feel like a slump!

broodblik

Again on the meg side another floppy that contains a series that is not yet older than 2 years: Feral & Foe. I am little disappointed in the overrings after the Hawkness

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 21 May, 2022, 09:11:12 AM
Again on the meg side another floppy that contains a series that is not yet older than 2 years: Feral & Foe. I am little disappointed in the overrings after the Hawkness

Also wow! Feral and foe reduced to the floppie! You'd have thought it deserved better than that!