Main Menu

Doodles for Dave

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 06 October, 2021, 06:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

Hi again everyone.

Thought Bubble have generously allowed FutureQuake's table this year to be entirely committed to this endeavour:

Our Bolt was forever doodling on little square bits of paper at conventions, giving them away with issues, they'd fall out of your copies if you ordered them from us. They were so integral to our memory of him that it seemed right to put everything aside and doodle. Bring them to the table, or DM us for an address to send them to if you're unable to attend the event. You can buy them for whatever price you feel like and there will also be a raffle of 2000 AD goodies very kindly donated directly from the Nerve Centre itself.

The charity we've been requested to donate everything to is SOBS. We've reached out to them ourselves and they are a kind and responsive bunch, we'll have literature for them there if you need it but they are there and they will listen.

Now pens and pencils out, let's get drawing!

The Legendary Shark

I have one or two of Dave's little sketches. I'll collect them together and donate them to this worthy cause.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Colin YNWA

Yeah I'll have a dig around I've got a couple I think and a lovely Old One Eye sketch he did for me once...

CrazyFoxMachine

I think I've worded this badly - it's more artists doing new doodles than selling off the sketches of his you have! I'm not asking you to give those up  :o

The Legendary Shark

Not at all, Foxy - I thought that people might pay a lot more for a Bolt Original than a Sharkish scribble.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

CrazyFoxMachine

Received the banner for our Thought Bubble show - beautifully designed by the glorious Jim Campbell with artwork (and permission from) the amazing Rufus Dayglo.

Thank you so much for all the sketches so far, and we've even received some additional raffle prizes. Your generosity is awe inspiring thank you.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

flip-r mk2

Been drawing my 'Doodles for Dave' for the FutureQuake table at this years Thought Bubble and had one piece  left, just had to be the much missed Dave himself.

filippo
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

CrazyFoxMachine

We'll be at Table 138 in the Comixology Hall - the photos on this thread keep disappearing but here's that news in image form:

Where we'll be at Thought Bubble this coming weekend - sandwiched between the glorious PigDog Press with the hyper talented Neil McClements and the evergreen small press royalty of Lizzie & Conor's Disconnected Press.

Thank you all so much for the hundreds of sketches we've received prior to the event - and to the brilliant support from SOBS. We'll also be taking (and doing our own) sketches across the weekend!

((Image credit: Rufus Dayglo - letters by Jim Campbell))

CrazyFoxMachine

One more for this.

Now that the dust has settled and we've totted everything up we're proud to announce that we raised £600 for SOBS UK at Thought Bubble this month.

Like it says in the picture - we couldn't have done this without the incredible and generous support of countless people. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Please reach out to SOBS, or to anyone, if you're feeling overwhelmed or you can't cope. You are not alone - no one is an island and people do care and want to help ❤

((Credits: Dave image by Rufus Dayglo, background art from the penultimate Zarjaz cover by Kev Crossley, "Doodles" font/design by Jim Campbell))