Main Menu

The 2000AD Messageboard Advent Calendar, 2021 edition - The Comments Thread

Started by sheridan, 01 December, 2021, 12:16:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: AlexF on 23 December, 2021, 06:28:42 PM
Have managed to get all but 1 clue (3 across) - but I had to use Google to look up some synonyms for keywords to help me.

Was struggling for ages over a 'Rogue biologist' before realising that this didn't mean it was a character from Rogue Trooper  :)

Great fun!

Fair play, I'm massively relieved that it's actually solvable!  I was a bit worried about 3 - here's a hint if you want it.

[spoiler] the word 'saying' needs a synonym. Everything after the comma is just a description of the character.[/spoiler]
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Colin YNWA

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 23 December, 2021, 12:37:48 PM
Quote from: AlexF on 23 December, 2021, 09:25:14 AM
JAYZUS that's a tough puzzle! Am feeling quite pleased with myself for the clues I've got, still plenty to go...

Possibly a bit too tough, in hindsight... I'll post list of the stories the characters come from later today.

Well I settled down just now to try this and I have to be honest failed absolutely miserably BUT it was a fun failure.

AlexF

Got it now, thanks! Wasn't expecting a second Zenith foe, I must say -
but it's Strontium Dog who takes the prize for "most obscure villains to feature in a themed Crossword".

Colin YNWA

Love the video Jake Lynch and the final product is superb.

Jim I'm finding those lettering samples indecently exciting, given it only lettering.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Rogue Judge

Thanks for the entries all, lots of great stuff. Just catching up on most now, really enjoying PJ's colouring page, Colin's classic Calvin & Hobbes entry, Alex's Christmas prog rundown, and Trooper's awesome ornaments etc. All great, like Jim's lettering too! Great job everyone. Merry Christmas (from Canada) all!

Trooper McFad

Merry Christmas all Squaxx and their family-
Again great quality submissions to the Advent and thanks to Sheridan for setting it up this year.

Here's to a safer and free'er New Year
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

The Legendary Shark

A merry Christmas to everyone from the Sharkshed! I hope you all have a fab time and a cool New Year xx

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

IAMTHESYSTEM

Happy Christmas to the most refined forum on the net! Of course, I'm drunk now.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Funt Solo

Have managed to get all but 1 clue (3 across) - but I had to use Google to look up some synonyms for keywords to help me.

Was struggling for ages over a 'Rogue biologist' before realising that this didn't mean it was a character from Rogue Trooper  :)

Great fun!

Damn! That's the only clue I thought I had, because of [spoiler]Doctor Mono in Horst[/spoiler].
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Funt Solo on 25 December, 2021, 07:09:23 PM

Great fun!

Damn! That's the only clue I thought I had, because of [spoiler]Doctor Mono in Horst[/spoiler].

Sorry, I'm a crossword addict but probably wouldn't have got all of these myself. Old Tordelback would have stormed it, mind you - please come back some day, my man.  Anyway I've made it a bit easier with my link on the advent calendar. 

More importantly, MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

JayzusB.Christ

If anyone's interested, here's a link to the solutions of the crossword (with explanations of how I got there).
https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=48190.0

More importantly, HAPPY NEW YEAR, FELLOW SQUAXX!