Main Menu

Megazine cover of the Year 2021 RESULTS.

Started by Pete Wells, 03 January, 2022, 11:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

Much more clear cut than the Prog vote, the winner, by some margin, was the wonderful Colin MacNeil with his daring cover of Meg 437. I love this!

In second place, stub guns ahoy with Dave Taylor's dazzlingly intricate cover to Meg 438...

And third, Alex Ronald's creepy as erm... Hell, Devlin in Hell cover!

Bubbling under were John Higgins in fourth and Dave Taylor again in fifth places.

Happy New Year y'all!

IndigoPrime

Lovely to see the something very different can win out. Overall, a good selection too, I'd say.

JayzusB.Christ

I'm happy with that result!  Not Colin's standard cover, but it's fecking great. 
I love that Dave Taylor has reverted to an old and wrinkled Dredd - I mean, he is very old, and so is the cowboy actor he's kind of based on.

I voted for the Devlin one, so cool.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Colin YNWA

Well I voted for the winner, I never vote for the winner. Wayhey. Well done to all there was a bundle of fantastic covers this year. Well done to all.

And what about the legend that is Wells. Well the folks round can't quite get the story straight.As i said on the other results threrad, some say they saw him, ride into town. He ran that lovely quiz of his. Then one day just walked to the edge of town, shouted his results and with a nod of the head and a lovely wink to us all, just turned his back and rode off into this sunset. Some folks say he was on a horse, some say a snotty raindeer. All agree though he left with a bag of thanks and a million broken hearts behind him.

Others say he when on a six shooting murder spree through the forum screaming I'M DISCO DREDD HEAR ME ROAR and fell in a hail of post reports.

We may never know the truth. All we know is we'll never forget him and can only wait for his return.

GordonR

They're certainly all better and bolder choices than the super-generic one that won the official 2000AD page poll.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Proudhuff

Three of the best there!

I voted for two and HR the third, smug git.
DDT did a job on me