Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Mean Machine vs. Black Siddha Rd 3 Heat 36

Started by Colin YNWA, 07 June, 2022, 06:21:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Sorry folks - let's try again!

There might not be quite the level of thrills we had last week in Week 5, but it exemplifies just how tough this tournament is becoming. A middling week quality wise and we still get some right interesting ties and some really top draw thrills. It's only going to get harder folks!

One of the weaker ties of the Round this one, for me at least. While Mean might make a ... well ... mean villain in Dredd I've never been too impressed with his solo outing (the Dredd 1994 Yearbook aside). His form in the tourney suggests otherwise though having already taken out decent thrills in Bad City Blue and Storming Heaven. Black Siddha had lovely art and a great concept behind it but... well it's taken out Bec and Kawl and Red Fang so far.

Mean Machine - more info

Vs

Black Siddha - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Friday 10th June and the winner gets a place in Round 4 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN

broodblik

Black Siddha (succeeding in cut-and-paste for a tenner I can do a youtube video)
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

davidbishop

abelardsnazz

I think I said in the last round I've enjoyed recently re-reading Mean's solo stories, so Mean Machine gets my vote again.

rogue69

Proudhuff

Mean is so much a noe trick pony, Black Siddha at least tried the path less travelled.
DDT did a job on me

AlexF

Much to admire in Black Siddha, but that 'Travels with muh Shrink' story is too good to ignore, and I got a good chuckle out of those GRennie one-offs. I know there are two Mean Machine collections out there, but I feel both are missing a few too many stories to feel definitive. I guess the problem is that there are too many for one volume, and not enough really good ones for two.

Anyway, for the chuckles, it's Mean Machine, please.

Aaron A Aardvark

Like two non-league clubs hoping for a Premier League opponent but drawing each other instead. Mean Machine amusing but just there. Siddha a bit dull but also a bit different.

Siddha.

Dark Jimbo

It never really made good on the promise of the first series, but Black Siddha was one of the most innovative series Tooth had had for a while. Mean Machine's solo outings were generally just... there. Chucklesome, daft fun but quite forgettable.
@jamesfeistdraws

Rogue Judge

Funt Solo

Tricky. I think if you did an academic study, you'd probably conclude that the answer is Black Siddha. But if you were stuck on a desert island with only one comic to read - it would have to be Travels With Muh Shrink, with a side helping of Support Your Local Bastich.

Mean Machine - "Nobody votes fer me lessen I sez they can!"
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Barrington Boots

Quote from: Funt Solo on 07 June, 2022, 03:24:16 PM
Mean Machine - "Nobody votes fer me lessen I sez they can!"

Izzat so?
I'm voting for Mean Machine as well.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Magnetica