Main Menu

Dream 2000AD Prog

Started by AdamStrange, 20 January, 2024, 02:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000BC

Mine would be a Xmas prog, 100 pages!

Colour Strips:
Dredd (featuring Chopper) - Wagner and Macneil.
Brink - Dan Abnett and INJ Culbard.
The Out - Abnett and Mark Harrison.
Brass Sun - Ian Edgington and INJ Culbard.
Indigo Prime - Johh Smith and Chris Weston.

Black & White Strips:
Strontium Dog (with Wulf) - Wagner and Ezquerra.
Halo Jones Book 4 - Alan Moore and Ian Gibson.

Droid life, letters page, features, and more!

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: 2000BC on 20 January, 2024, 07:40:14 PMMine would be a Xmas prog, 100 pages!

Colour Strips:
Dredd (featuring Chopper) - Wagner and Macneil.
Brink - Dan Abnett and INJ Culbard.
The Out - Abnett and Mark Harrison.
Brass Sun - Ian Edgington and INJ Culbard.
Indigo Prime - Johh Smith and Chris Weston.

Black & White Strips:
Strontium Dog (with Wulf) - Wagner and Ezquerra.
Halo Jones Book 4 - Alan Moore and Ian Gibson.

Droid life, letters page, features, and more!

Well, if we're allowed THAT, then mine's a Christmas prog too, and I'll throw in Halo Jones book 4 too.  And because I have at least one strip left, I'll have a Davis SinDex one-off, a comedy one where Funny has long hair and a red nose and Ray looks like Simon Davis.

And a droid life of course, and s Tharg story by TMO and Eric Bradbury.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Vector14

Judge Dredd
Wagner and classic black and white Cam Kennedy.

Brink
Abnett & Culbard

A new original series from John Smith and Chris Weston with John Smith in super weird and impenetrable mode.

A new and original groundbreaking series from Alan Moore and Henry Flint.

A new original character and series from Pat Mills which turns out to be on par with his classic creations and has him bow out of the prog on a high note.
Art by D'Isreali

I am firmly in the realm of dreams with most of these choices

Le Fink

I like Funt's rules, and I'm thinking about what would I most like to see in the next prog that drops through the letterbox rather than considering stories that are done and dusted, so:

1. Brink by Dabnet and INJ Culbard
Mercury event investigation please, not a flashback!
2. Death of Dredd by Wagner and Pete Doherty
I've heard John W has it planned out -let's see it! Doherty great for pathos
3. Proteus Vex by Carroll, Lynch and Boswell
space opera and freaky aliens
4. Strontium Dog by Wagner and MacNeil, if coloured, Teague
Another Wagner, and he's said he won't do any more, so breaking the rules...
5. Helium by Edgington and D'israeli
I want to read more of this!

If I was allowed another couple of strips for the Xmas prog then Azimuth, so  Dabnet and Bettin, and how about either Savage, Mills and Goddard, or Defoe, Mills and Gallagher?

Some letters and fan art would be good.

Cover by Chris Weston.

broodblik

Quote from: Le Fink on 20 January, 2024, 11:08:35 PMDeath of Dredd by Wagner and Pete Doherty

I still think that it would be a great idea too have such a strip as an alternative take on history very similar too the Zombie prog. Justs that it should be at least something like a 10 parter
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Le Fink

Quote from: broodblik on 21 January, 2024, 05:06:48 AM
Quote from: Le Fink on 20 January, 2024, 11:08:35 PMDeath of Dredd by Wagner and Pete Doherty

I still think that it would be a great idea too have such a strip as an alternative take on history very similar too the Zombie prog. Justs that it should be at least something like a 10 parter
He dies mysteriously in the first episode, or the whole story is post-Dredd, Beeny and Rico investigate, a la Poison?

broodblik

Yes something like that would work nicely.

I would like to see the Dan Dare story Servant of Evil concluded. If they cannot get Gibbons onboard then Patrick Goddard will work as well. Script can be done by Michael Carroll, he once mentioned that he is up to the task.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: broodblik on 21 January, 2024, 10:07:53 AMI would like to see the Dan Dare story Servant of Evil concluded. If they cannot get Gibbons onboard then Patrick Goddard will work as well. Script can be done by Michael Carroll, he once mentioned that he is up to the task.

Goddard subbing for Gibbons is inspired. Brilliant idea. In a perfect world, I'd letter that in my best digital imitation of Dave's lettering style into the bargain. :)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

broodblik

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 21 January, 2024, 10:21:53 AModdard subbing for Gibbons is inspired. Brilliant idea. In a perfect world, I'd letter that in my best digital imitation of Dave's lettering style into the bargain. :)

Without a doubt Jim on letters

Le Fink

Quote from: broodblik on 21 January, 2024, 10:07:53 AMYes something like that would work nicely.

I would like to see the Dan Dare story Servant of Evil concluded. If they cannot get Gibbons onboard then Patrick Goddard will work as well. Script can be done by Michael Carroll, he once mentioned that he is up to the task.

Surely this could actually happen? There is an audience for this! Come on Tharg!

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 21 January, 2024, 10:21:53 AMGoddard subbing for Gibbons is inspired. Brilliant idea.

Seconded! As shown by PG's Rogue.

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 21 January, 2024, 10:21:53 AMIn a perfect world, I'd letter that in my best digital imitation of Dave's lettering style into the bargain. :)

Yes!

Richard

No thanks, I'd rather not see any more of Dan Dare in the prog thanks!

broodblik

Quote from: Le Fink on 21 January, 2024, 12:03:53 PM
QuoteYes something like that would work nicely.

Surely this could actually happen? There is an audience for this! Come on Tharg!

Their is two main reasons why I believe this will not ever be a possibility
1. I think their is no interest in the character anymore
2. The Dan Dare Corporation