Main Menu

Where Were You When Crisis #1 Came Out?

Started by karlos, 22 January, 2024, 03:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Dare I never liked it felt that it veered off too much from the Dare in either the original Eagle or the new Eagle. That is how the young me saw it at the time. I have a few years ago read Dare again but I still do not like it.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

norton canes

Think I bought the first issue, but it never really appealed to me. From my point of view it simply needed more strips - Third World War and New Statesmen were okay but with two (large) eggs in one basket it didn't have the diverse, anthology appeal of 2000 AD. Also, it came out at almost precisely the wrong time - just before I left home for University Polytechnic, and things like remembering to buy comics regularly (and having the spare money to do so) became things of the past for a few years. 

karlos

Issue #1 was so popular the day it came out (a Saturday, IIRC?) at the comic shop where I worked that I was quickly dispatched that very morning to empty all the surrounding newsagents' stock of it, just to keep the regular customers happy.

The subsequent sales after that were massively lower.

I guess that's one of my main memories - the initial excitement and the speed at which is dissipated.