Main Menu

Meg 440: Fully Loaded!

Started by IndigoPrime, 17 January, 2022, 11:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrington Boots

Quote from: AlexF on 24 January, 2022, 07:56:43 AM
I'm one of those people who would 100% NOT have bought a standalone Hawk the Slayer comic. And, despite Ennis and Flint's best effrots, I can confidently say that I still have little to no interest in watching the movie, and although I will happily read the free comic, I'm not piqued enough to become a Hawk fan.

Boooo!

What can I say, I'm a Krull man.

Yaaaay!

You're a dark horse, Boots.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 24 January, 2022, 08:48:08 AM
Yaaaay!
Beastmaster could take them both. With one ferret tied behind his back.
We never really die.

broodblik

Quote from: I, Cosh on 24 January, 2022, 11:48:06 AM
Yaaaay!

Tron all the way - drive circles around these pretenders
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Proudhuff

This must be one of the chattest/talking head issues of the megazine ever, and you know what? its head and shoulders above the current Prog.

Dredd and Surfer both stand out, Lawless is all talk and no action, but not in a bad way, nice to see a talkative Armitage back in the Megazine, and both text articles are interesting. The Hawk additional floppie is well worth the price of admission alone but with added Dredd and Wagner/McNeil (HONK!) its a no brainer, buy it early and buy it often!
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

That cover is a bit misleading though.
DDT did a job on me

AlexF

Quote from: broodblik on 24 January, 2022, 12:31:56 PM
Quote from: I, Cosh on 24 January, 2022, 11:48:06 AM
Yaaaay!

Tron all the way - drive circles around these pretenders

Hey look, if we're going to champion 1980s fantasy films, I'm going to bat for Starchaser: the Legend of Orin.

Barrington Boots

I'm on another Prog drought but am back on the Meg for Lawless and Hawk.  This month Lawless, Surfer and the Hawk floppy are terrific: everything else is just kind of alright.
Anyway...

Lush art on Hawk the Slayer and a nice setup. Hawk himself is completely generic and the film itself shines on it's supporting characters and villains so looking forward to seeing where this goes next. Hawk > Krull but I'd read a Krull comic as well (in fact, I think I did in the 80s) and I'd DEFINITELY read a Beastmaster comic. John M Burns painting it please. Can he do ferrets?*

*I have previously kept ferrets and the little fuckers are no way as cool as the ones in the film.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Tjm86

... although I will happily read the free comic, I'm not piqued enough to become a Hawk fan.

Get thee behind me ...

Actually, this is possibly one of those films that are worth watching with a breeze block of caution.  Just like "Defcon 4" or "Red Dawn" might elicit a vague nostalgic sense, so too might this.  In the same vein, viewers might come away thinking "WTF."

So it might be worth bearing in mind how many of us fall into the KOS category [Knackered Old S**s]