Main Menu

Most recent Dredd trade Paperback collection?

Started by Full of dreddd, 17 July, 2012, 02:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Full of dreddd

Hey guys and gals! I'm a huge Dredd-nut and I've been collecting tpbs like crazy recently. I'm wondering if you can help a guy out?

I'm looking for the most recent Judge Dredd collection (continuity wise)

I got Origins, Tour of Duty backfire and  Tour of Duty: Mega-City Justice coming in the mail (thank Grud for Amazon.co.uk!)  :)

Has there been any releases that continues the continuity since?

Thanks!

IndigoPrime

In terms of continuity, the three trades you mention are the most recent.

radiator

Yep, Origins and Tour of Duty is it for now. There's a HUGE storyline playing out at the moment called Day of Chaos - spinning out of the events of Tour of Duty to a certain extent. I'm sure we'll start to see books collecting it sooner rather than later.

However, if you wanted a bit more background to the stories presented in Origins and Tour of Duty, I would strongly recommend you try and get The Complete PJ Maybe, The Henry Flint Collection (for the key Gingerbread Man story) and America - the Rebellion edition of America includes the most recent America tale, Cadet, which introduces Dredd's apprentice (of sorts) Judge Beeny - a major character in all that follows.

Spaceghost

Other very good recent Dredd trades are -

Mandroid (Hard-boiled noirish tale of Dredd hunting down a cyborg vigilante)
Total War (Epic which sees Mega City One held to ransom by terrorist group armed with nukes. Things blow up!)
Brothers of the Blood (Collected stories centred on Dredd and his clone 'family')
Satan's Island (Dredd tracks down a terror suspect on a floating island of pleasure and meets an old 'friend')
The Art of Kenny Who? (Collection of recent shorter stories featuring the beautiful art of Cam Kennedy)
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...