Main Menu

POST 1000 FTW

Started by CraveNoir, 18 July, 2012, 02:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraveNoir

1000 posts since joining in May 2003, though I'd been lurking on and off since the forum began, and was posting to the newsgroup long before.

I was looking though old posts and came across this from 2003, Kurt Russel for Dredd???.........

Quote from: CraveNoir on 22 July, 2003, 05:47:33 AM
The uniform definately needs redesigning. If the comic look was put in a real world setting it'd clearly be ludicrous. While the armies of history -- especially the upper ranks -- have worn much needless decor such ceremonial trim was shed in battle. So it should be for the Judges.

I'd suggest going back to the very first Dredd stories where the pads were more discreet, and extrapolating a real-world uniform from there; one could probably find a good mid-point between the comic book and contemporary uniforms of SWAT/ Riot Police. The helmet, however, should be scary badass!

:P

(I'm sure if I looked hard enough I'd find a post contradicting myself some time later.)

TordelBack

It ain't the posts honey, it's the wordcount.

Congrats, you prescient weirdo! 

CraveNoir

COMMANDO FORCES

What a swizz, when I looked on the thread it was 1004. Calling any mods can you sort this person out with his false thread title!