Main Menu

Super CC - John Richardson

Started by milstar, 02 November, 2021, 09:54:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milstar

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/supercc/super-cc-book-1-by-john-richardson/description

I caught this thread on FB 2000ad tat and chat, and for some reason it caught my attention, and not because the bloke who announced this (is also admin in the group) urged to annoy other comic groups for fundraising. Although, a bit of warning: the description is quite spicy:
Super CC Book 1

Introduction :

Super CC was a regular comic strip within Custom Car magazine it ran for almost 16 years, it was completely written and drawn by Veteran comic artist John Richardson .

If you are unfamiliar with Super CC and his adventures, hmm best way to explain it, it wouldn't be commissioned in today world, it's sexist, misogynistic and many other offensive names, it's a dinosaur from the 1970's -1980's,

why reprint it then ?? It is a product of its time ,you can see clearly the dedication and attention to detail and it deserves to be reprinted.

The Book:

We have permission from Custom Car and the blessing from John Richardson's family to reprint this book.

This is the first time ( and maybe the last ) Super CC will have be collected in a massive A4 hardback form, Book 1 of Super CC will be over 100+ pages , 70% of the scans are from the original art and the rest have being professionally scanned and cleaned up for your enjoyment.

Please note postage within the UK will be £5 ,outside please contact me.

Anyway, I wouldn't have anything against MAD style of humour. I am not really familiar with John Richardson's work, but I love his brief stint at Future Shocks (which he wrote and drew).
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.