Main Menu

Sideshow Vote II: Does it tally up?

Started by broodblik, 27 June, 2022, 05:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoGilesGo

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 28 June, 2022, 11:45:38 AM

For those stories, sure. But I don't see how every series of Zenith would have been better had it been cut in half or less. Necropolis was 26 episodes. Song of the Surfer was 12. Even most Kingdom series were 11 or 12.

I sort of dismissed the Mega Epics when considering this. I think of them as a once every two or three year treat, like saving up for a big holiday or a slap-up feast.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: broodblik on 27 June, 2022, 05:00:23 AM
In the prog we can have a short story a story than ran for weeks or even two or three parts. So, how do you prefer your stories?
-   Small bursts of 1 to 3 parts
-   Between 6 and 8 episodes
-   10 to 12 parts
-   I like the long run
-   Just tell me a story I do not care about the length

This one, please.  For every Horned God there's a Junker
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

broodblik

You have until Monday to tell everyone if length matters or not
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dash Decent

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 28 June, 2022, 11:45:38 AM
Again, what works works. Appropriateness is the key.

Yes, with ebb and flow.  Not every episode of every story has to be the shot glass of rocket fuel.  I read some of these stories, especially when collected and the weekly titles are filed off, and I feel I can't breathe sometimes.  I find I actually am holding my breath and can't find a place to stop.

Just tell me a story I do not care about the length
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

broodblik

Voting Closed

This one was quite anonymous the length of the thrill does not matter
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

sheridan

Quote from: broodblik on 04 July, 2022, 04:06:27 AM
Voting Closed

This one was quite anonymous the length of the thrill does not matter

Girth matters more ;)