Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - D.R. Quinch vs. Nikolai Dante Rd 4 Heat 3

Started by Colin YNWA, 05 July, 2022, 06:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abelardsnazz

DR&Q was great fun but Dante is epic in all the best ways.

Funt Solo

D.R. & Quinch is one of my all time favorite things in the comic - and could easily win over some of the other things in this round. So, it's a tough draw. I suppose that D.R. proved itself something of a one-trick pony - it was only the masterful scribblings of Grand Wizard Moore that allowed it to travel as far as it did. Frankly, nobody else should write it.

Nikolai Dante was, along with Sinister Dexter, one of the powerhouse thrills that took us out of the infamous 90s slump. It's a true epic - and despite some meandering (Amerika, I'm looking at you!) managed to maintain a mostly superb quality right up until it decided to finish its story. For the scope, for the arcs, for the flying pony-robot-things, and for the commitment to tragedy: of course this wins my vote.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Southstreeter

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Brief interjection to remind everyone that Nikolai Dante ENDED ten years ago this week.

Ended.

Are we feeling old yet?

SBT

Colin YNWA

Quote from: SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 06 July, 2022, 07:34:53 AM
Brief interjection to remind everyone that Nikolai Dante ENDED ten years ago this week.

Ended.

Are we feeling old yet?

SBT

STOP THAT!!!

Colin YNWA

It doesn't seem close and with a day to go still I suspect we know the result already. More votes to come today and I'll count up in the morning.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Well there was a lot of love for DR and Quinch, not surprising given it by Alan Davis and the Wizard of Northampton. Its even more impressive therefore that Dante JUST didn't get into the 20+ club in this vote. Dante does have detractors but is it building up enough support to mount a bid to lead the Tories... win the tourney? We will see in time for now we do know

Nikolai Dante

Will be swinging for your votes in Round 5.