Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Mazeworld vs. Lawless Rd 4 Heat 4

Started by Colin YNWA, 05 July, 2022, 06:22:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Well we'll start Round 4 with no gush of excitement. No giddy anticipation of the tough, enthralling ties to come. Instead to really fire up those juices with a service announcement! Turn around is so fast I've not been mixing up these thread openers the way I intended and just kept rattling on with the same ol' format (for the posts the comp ain't changing). I had plans and maybe next round but for now, well if it ain't broke and all that... what and EXPLOSION into Round 4 hey!

Hastily rescheduled tie as the previous one on the slot hadn't actually finished its Round 3 predecessors at the time of typing! Battle of intricate art maybe. Both excellent tales as well, but you know (well if you read along) by view on the thrill deserving of a place in the final here!

Form book:

Mazeworld - Bye; Janus PSi Division; Damnation Station
Lawless - Bye; Samizdat Squad; Chimpsky's Law

Mazeworld - more info

Vs

Lawless - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Friday 8th July and the winner gets a place in Round 5 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

rogue69

Aaron A Aardvark

Mazeworld has a lot going for it and is a unique thrill. On the other hand, Lawless is Lawless.

Lawless

IndigoPrime

Mazeworld still holds up. It's got a lot going on, and manages to do well with the complexity surrounding its lead. But Lawless is among the best things ever published in the Meg and easily a top-three Dreddworld tale. So that wins it for me.

AlexF

Surprisingly easy choices for me this week, despite the high quality of all entrants.
Mazeworld has flawless art and decent writing.
Lawless has flawless art and flawless writing.

Ergo, Lawless.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Huey2

Barrington Boots

Lawless for me too. Mazeworld is amazing artwise, but Lawless is amazing artwise and storywise.
Some tough choices today!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

sintec

Mazeworld has some stunning art but storywise it's diminishing returns after book 1.  Lawless just keeps on building it's world and it's characters and has stunning art.

Magnetica