Main Menu

Sideshow Vote II: Remember Adjustment Sheep Report

Started by broodblik, 27 July, 2022, 03:45:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

One of the greatest sci-fi writers off all time has numerous of his stories (especially short stories) adapted to screen. He is a true legend of sci-fi we are talking of Philip K Dick.

What is Philip K Dick's best adaption to either the movies or small screen:
-   Blade Runner (1982)
-   Blade Runner Director's Cut or Final Cut (1982)
-   Total Recall (1990)
-   Screamers (1995)
-   Imposter (2001)
-   Minority Report (2002)
-   Paycheck (2003)
-   A Scanner Darkly (2006)
-   Next (2007)
-   The Adjustment Bureau (2011)
-   Total Recall (2012)
-   The Man in the High Castle (2015-2019)

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Blade Runner will win this, but my favourite is the original Total Recall (not the remake, no).

SBT

AlexF

Magnetica

Total Tecall with Arnie.

Simply one of my favourite films of all time.

paddykafka

Blade Runner Director's Cut or Final Cut (1982)

Proudhuff

But loved TMITHC tv as I never ever thought as a Dickhead teenager I'd ever see this.

DDT did a job on me

Colin YNWA

Well its Blade Runner innit... which cut... well they both kept the rapey bit in alas but I guess the

-   Blade Runner Director's Cut or Final Cut (1982)

Just about gets it.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

BPP

Blade Runner (directors / final cuts) is the greater movie but A Scanner Darkly is the better PDK adaptation and a great film in its own right. The 2010 indie version of Radio Free Albemuth was a decent effort too.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

love the effort and audacity and acting in the man in the high castle.

Funt Solo

I've a lot of fondness for A Scanner Darkly and Arnie's Total Recall.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

O Lucky Stevie!

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

broodblik

Voting Closed

No surprise as Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? - The Director's Cut takes the title