Main Menu

Recommended Comic shops that do regular orders

Started by Large48, 17 May, 2024, 10:08:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Large48

Hi there,

After having numerous problems with my current comic shop for regular orders I need to find a new decent one that will actually get what I ask for and then deliver them all at a cheap price..... (Don't want much really!  :D )

So any recommendations for a UK one?

Cheers
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

sheridan

We probably need to know who your current comic shop is, to avoid us recommending it back to you.

Large48

[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

IndigoPrime

Blimey. I used to use them for FCBD and some other stuff and they were always fab for one-off orders. (I never had an ongoing with them, mind.)

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Quote from: Large48 on 18 May, 2024, 01:28:30 PMA Place in Space in Croydon......  :-X

Oh yeah, I used to use them, via eBay, but they were weird about a delayed order so I have been reluctant to go back.

These days, I favour Comic Biz.

karlos

Forbidden Planet were always ok with me.

A place in Space sometimes ballsed up my order.

Comic Biz were, in my experience, absolutely terrible.

Tjm86

We always used to say that Forbidden Planet was where you went to until you found out there were real comic shops out there.

Unfortunately these days so many of them have gone the way of the Dodo while FP somehow manages to survive in an even more neutered state than before. 

Mind you, that might be because I object to the sort of prices being charged these days since someone buggered up the exchange rate.  Not to mention that so much of what comes from the other side of the pond these days just doesn't seem worth the effort.

IndigoPrime

I've started coming around to Forbidden Planet. The last few orders I've made have had such robust packaging that I'm looking at stacking books in future and getting them from there. The only comparable packaging I've had has been from Reed, although the last HC I got from Reed had a ding, so FP actually wins for me.

(Oddly, the one book that had packaging I wasn't 100% OK with with the most expensive – the Kev Apex Edition. It arrived as expected, but the box was slightly too small for the Apex's card outer. Fortunately, the courier had handled it well though.)