Main Menu

Recent posts

Prog / Re: Prog 2379 - Humanity on th...
Last post by Funt Solo - Today at 10:01:31 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on Today at 07:57:09 PMthree of these in once day is just going to lead to thrillchaffing

Suggestions / Re: Judge Dredd TV series
Last post by Funt Solo - Today at 09:58:02 PM
I'm not sure where you guys are getting your figures from - I'm pretty sure that a quick eye check up is only in the region of twenty or thirty quid.
Last post by JohnW - Today at 09:31:50 PM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on Today at 09:02:22 PMMy gut feeling is you'd be talking about $250M for a full season.
Come on, chaps!
Show a little twothy spirit!
A quick whip-round and we'll have that jolly old quarter billion in no time!

(A cake sale, maybe?)
Last post by The Legendary Shark - Today at 09:30:04 PM

And that's before we even get to the idea of the "hero" being a mega-mass-murdering fascist. 

Even though I do want to see this project come to fruition, part of me is relieved that Dredd isn't as popular as, say, Captain America with the wider public.

Is there something wrong with us for being Dredd fans...?

Last post by Jim_Campbell - Today at 09:02:22 PM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on Today at 04:50:02 PMI guess there are things like petitioning arts funding organisations for help financing the project or starting some sort of "We Want Dredd" campaign but I'm not sure there would be enough interest.

It's not about the level of interest, it's literally about the insane amount of money required. Minimum table stakes for this sort of thing on a major streaming service is $10 million per episode.

For something like a Dredd TV series, which is going to require purpose-built sets and FX elements for pretty much every shot, I suspect we'd be waaaay over a $100M budget for an 8-10 episode season.

My gut feeling is you'd be talking about $250M for a full season. This, based on a property that didn't make its money back on a $50M movie...? That's a tough sell.
Announcements / Re: 2000 AD - The Ultimate Col...
Last post by paulbyrnewex - Today at 08:13:19 PM
That was a user who posted how much from 2000ad was reprinted in the collection. Has there been a recent update of the list?
Prog / Re: Prog 2379 - Humanity on th...
Last post by Colin YNWA - Today at 07:57:09 PM
Well after some Lego and tea to allow the thrill receptors to cool back to the catch up.

This time not much to write here really is there. As its just as you were.

Dredd actually I'm getting into this more and more. I mean its nowt news but its really good fun.

Aquila just magnificent opeatic fun.

Brink actually I might have to save my last visit with Briget until tomorrow so I can saver it more! So good.

Indigo Prime - still immense fun.

Proteus Vex - still even immenseier fun - just so, so fun, just not quite Brink good.

You know what this Prog might be even better than the last. I think I've save 2380 until tomorrow as three of these in once day is just going to lead to thrillchaffing isn't it.
Off Topic / Re: This is the News!
Last post by Richard - Today at 07:08:33 PM
What a mental country.
Games / Re: Gamebooks
Last post by Richard - Today at 07:03:49 PM
Yes thanks Jim!
Last post by The Legendary Shark - Today at 04:50:02 PM

I guess there are things like petitioning arts funding organisations for help financing the project or starting some sort of "We Want Dredd" campaign but I'm not sure there would be enough interest.

Patience, optimism and encouragement seem to be the main things we can offer at the moment.