Main Menu

Alan Barnes has annoyed me!

Started by Woolly, 03 July, 2005, 12:46:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly

Sorry to darken the board with a rant, but here goes.

Just got the new mag and read the editorial first (as allways) and to be honest, i feel insulted as a Megazine fan.

How DARE Alan Barnes say there is nothing in the meg for me if i dont share his views on the moon landings/ space travel?
Personally, i feel the moon landings *were* faked. So what?
Personally, i think space travel is an incredibly distant dream that wont be achieved for at least a few hundred years (not impossible though!). So f*cking what?
How on earth should my feelings on these matters include or exclude me from a publication such as the Meg?

The ONLY thing that should make me buy the Meg should be the quality of the stories and articles contained therein, and my reasons for liking these stories should be my own. What does it matter if i disagree with the editor on a fairly unrelated subject?

Sorry for the rant peeps, maybe i shouldnt get pissed this early in the day!!

-Wul
*RANT-MODE-OVER. NORMAL-LURKING-WILL-NOW-BE-RESUMED*

Art

Byron Virgo

I've never really understood *why* exactly anyone would ever want to fake those moon landing shots, seeing as how it was one of the most boring things ever filmed (and you'd think if they were doing it on Earth that they could have used a better film stock and some diffused lighting). Unless of course part of the plot was to make people lose interest in sf, thus paving the way for George Lucas to turn up with his science-fantasy collosus and irretrivablt destroy both the genre and the medium of film itself.

My god! It all makes sense now, finally...

Adrian Bamforth

Wallace and Gromit?s moon landing ?faked? claims conspiracy theorist.

Conspiracy theorist James Alder has published what he claims to be conclusive evidence that Wallace And Gromit?s trip to the Moon as seen in family favourite ?A Grand Day Out? was a hoax.

?I am convinced the footage was actually faked in a film studio, probably in Bristol. Aardman were keen to raise public spirits and draw attention away from the Morph sex scandal of 1988, which threatened the government of the day.?

In his book ?The Aardman Conspiracy? he has published photographs he says proves his theory, a passage of which is printed below:

?Here we see the famous ?Cheese eating? shot. In this scene Wallace is seen slicing moon sections effortlessly with a small knife, suggesting it is a mild soft cheese such as Brie. However, Wallace and Gromit leave no imprint on its surface, as if it were a mature cheddar.?

?I phoned Nick Park and put it to him that the landings were a cover-up.? says Alder. ?He said I was mad - which is exactly what Aardman want people to think. The truth is Aardman were embroiled in a bitter race with rivals Disney to get their characters to the moon first. Disney have wanted to go into space since 1967 in order to deposit Walt?s cryogenically frozen body as per his final wishes. However, Walt has never had his wish granted since the 2002 movie Treasure Planet was also a fake.?

ADE

Adrian Bamforth

One of the arguments that the Moon Landing was faked was that there are no stars in some photographs (stars are too small to show up in some photographs).

As if they went to all the trouble of making the rocket leave the atmosphere, mock up an identical landing capsule, big fake Earth hanging from the ceiling, polystyrine rocks, astronauts jumping around on wires but FORGET to paint in some stars on the moon set.

And it was so nearly the perfect crime.

ADE

Max Kon

Ah, but the atmosphere is what makes the stars twinkle.

And the proof that space travel is possible, satelite telivision.

Carlsborg Expert

Bico

Wouldn't the thousands of people watching through telescopes around the world have noticed that no rocket went to the moon in the first place?  And what about all the subsequent missions?
Surely it would have entailed less effort and money to simply *go* to the moon, rather than fake it?

Art

I imagine the soviets might have had cause to point it out if the Americans hadn't really gone to the moon.

The Amstor Computer

...but if you believe that no-one went to the Moon in the first place, then I suspect it's quite easy to explain away these things...

Art

Maybe there was no so called "Soviet Union"?

Max Kon

Maybe shapeshifting lizards rule the world?

Byron Virgo

It was those Neo-Cons scaremongering again!

The Amstor Computer

My God - it's like living in a Past Imperfect! We never went to the moon, JFK was killed by gunmen from the future and Paul McCartney's been dead for decades!

!

Carlsborg Expert

Byron are you saying theres no such thing as the Neo-Cons as pertained by the Anarchist movement?