Main Menu

Prog 2198 - Lock & Lode!

Started by Goosegash, 05 September, 2020, 01:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Quote from: TordelBack on 09 September, 2020, 11:31:14 AM
No question in my mind that The Out is still the star in the current firmament, a beautiful joy of a thing, and Cyd is unexpectedly in Lindy Creighton Dingoes-Ate-My-Baby* territory, if not the full Kate McCann. Can safely say I did not see that coming.

Elsewhere, cover is strong, like to see more from this Preece fellow, and Droid Life has one of its weaker gags.

I seem to have flip-flopped into a minority here, but I'm really enjoying End of Days now. It's perhaps more Devlin Waugh than Dredd, but once I got over the idea that this was a serious eschatological epic, and more of Wizard of Oz trip through characters-past, I started having fun. Williams is so adept at both zany-with-an-edge and tense-psycho-drama modes that I was wrongfooted into thinking this was the latter.

A crackpot plot and a gaggle of supernatural weirdoes battling on the moon for the fate of the world - larks! I thought we all wanted less ninja conspiracies and more batshit Dredd capers? Of course Anderson and Ichabod aren't dead(-er) , but I'll be far less enthusiastic if Giant III bites the dust. However, I'm now predicting that some bad munce in the Sector House canteen is behind all this.

3riller is unfathomably gorgeous, but it turns out I can't even enjoy a less evil parody of Rees-Mogg.

Sinister Dexter: wot, no Yeowell?  Luckily Assirelli is a more than adequate substitute, very nice and clean.  Please let this story run more evenly,  Tharg, we're losing half the panels and all the momentum to an almost fortnightly recap.

*Spoiler: they did.

This ^^^^
DDT did a job on me

norton canes

Looks like I have yet to comment. How terribly remiss.

1. It's all good

2. Gordon Rennie really needs to be given a chance to write for Doctor Who. The actual TV show, not the comic. Hopefully he can get a couple of episodes under his belt then take over when Chris Chibnall departs.

Bad City Blue

thank Grud "End Of Days" is over. One of the dullest Dredd epics ever, even the art felt phoned in at times.
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

norton canes

I think you'll find there's one more instalment  :)

kev67

Didn't The Dandy try to sue Jacob Rees Mogg for pinching the persona of Lord Snooty? If I were him, I'd be getting annoyed with comics.

The Out is sort of reminiscent of the horrible Madeleine McCann case. I wonder if this is going to be a one-off series or a repeating series. It's interesting, it's different, but I hope it does not spiral out of control. I think I preferred it when she was a vacant travel photo journalist. We'll have to see.

Sinister Dexter doesn't really do it for me I'm afraid.

The Diaboliks is better than I anticipated so far.

Dredd: still enjoying it. I suppose Cassandra is not dead for good.