Main Menu

Nice touch in Rogue Trooper

Started by jdmobius, 24 July, 2002, 03:43:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdmobius

Nice to see the original Rogue Trooper back in action. Nice touch in the final panel where Rogue is standing in front of his vehicle with "Thank God it's not Friday" written on the track guard. I for one say "Amen!" to the end of Friday, I never did get my head around the continuity problems and felt it was just being spun out too damn long.

Also, I think Staz Johnson really caught the feel of the early episodes of Rogue and there's more than a touch of Dave Gibbons in his panels. Makes me feel warm inside!

DavidXBrunt

I saw it, I laughed, then I made a mistake. I thought about it too much. Why has that been written on the vehicle? Who wrote it? What did they mean? It makes no sense!

HiEx

It's a play on words on the name of famous American restaurant chain 'TGIF' (Thank God It's Friday), and of course also fans general dislike of the Friday character.

HiEx

DavidXBrunt

Yes, I know thta. But what sense does that make to whoever wrote it on the tank?

HiEx

Who knows, perhaps Friday is the day the writer of the graffiti has to clean out the latrines.

Anyway, it's as funny as hell.

HiEx

Oddboy

The opening was brilliant too, all that This is where I was always meant to be stuff.
Better set your phaser to stun.

paulvonscott

It's graffiti, you aren't supposed to know who wrote it or why.  Duh!?