Main Menu

the shape of things to come

Started by O Lucky Stevie!, 24 August, 2002, 08:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

O Lucky Stevie!

once again, fron november 2002. cheers, jamieb!

REBELLION 2000 AD #1316-1319 Britain's award-winning horror, fantasy, and science fiction cult anthology comic, 2000 AD, features some of the most talented writers and artists in the business! The Autumn Offensive steps up the pace as Captain Jack Dancer and his crew battle zombie pirates in The Red Seas: Under the Banner of King Death by Ian Edginton (The Establishment) and Steve Yeowell (The Invisibles); Asylum Hunter Marshall Holt discovers dark goings-on in Asylum by Rob Williams (Cla$$ War) and Boo Cook; and future hit-men Sinister Dexter have an out-of-this-world experience, courtesy of Dan Abnett and Simon Davis! Plus, there's more tales from the mean streets of Mega-City One in Judge Dredd by John Wagner, Carl Critchlow, and Ian Gibson, and more alternative history stories in Past Imperfect! (CAUT: 4) Magazine, 32pg, PC $3.25Ea. JUDGE DREDD MEGAZINE VOLUME 4 #18 by Various 100 pages of non-stop action every four weeks from the worlds of 2000AD and Judge Dredd! This issue: Judge Dredd: Badlander reaches a dramatic conclusion (3 of 3) by John Wagner & John Ridgway; Young Middenface jumps the jail in the last episode of A Parcel of Rogues (3 of 3) by Alan Grant and Patrick Goddard/Dylan Teague; justice is finally done in The Bendatti Vendetta: Vendetta in Light (6 of 6) by Robbie Morrison & John Burns; and meet the vampire goddess' ultimate incarnation in Durham Red: the Scarlet Apocrypha (7 of 7) by Dan Abnett and Mark Harrison. Plus, more of the secret history of 2000AD in Thrill-Power Overload!; plus two classic Thrills released from Tharg's vaults! (CAUT: 4) Magazine, 100pg, FC $10.99

TITAN JUDGE DREDD: INNOCENTS ABROAD GN by Garth Ennis, Greg Staples, & Bill Sienkiewicz Innocents Abroad features the welcome return of the Emerald Isle's Judge Joyce, on the trail of some bank robbers in Mega City One –– only to discover just how far out of his depth he is. Also includes "Babes in Arms," the hard-hitting proof that "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned." With short stories "The Rough Guide to Suicide" (a classically sharp satire on self- help books) and "Blind Mate." (CAUT: 4) SC, 9x12, 80pg, b&w $14.95 ROGUE TROOPER VOLUME 1: FUTURE WAR GN by Gerry Finley-Day, Dave Gibbons, Colin Wilson, & Cam Kennedy On Nu-Earth, a planet so poisoned with chemical weapons that everyone must wear breathing apparatus to survive, the North and the Southers are waging a seemingly endless war. But they tell tales of a blue-skinned man who needs no respirator; a man with a talking helmet, backpack, and gun; a man who knows no allegiance but to his own mission. The last survivor of the massacred Genetic Infantrymen (G.I.s). (CAUT: 4) SC, 9x12, 128pg, b&w $16.95

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

O Lucky Stevie!

whoops! sorry about the formatting there, kids!

i've wet my knickers!

steven l'enfant terrible
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

2000AD Online

hmmm past imperfect smells like something similar to those old time twister stories to me also on a off topic how do you get a pic next to your name?

The Amstor Computer

Thanks to JamieB & Steven for making me a happy little GI!

It's about time Rogue got a decent reprint, and I hope the "Volume 1" tag means we can look forward to a complete set of the first Rogue's adventures in the future.

As for the rest...

More Ennis Dredd? Feh. Hopefully this will at least pave the way for reprints of less "popular" & "commercial" Dredd material.

I'll be looking forward to Red Seas & Asylum, but I can't say I'm overjoyed to see Sin/Dex return. However, if SB Davis is back on the strip, it could be a bit of a corker. Past Imperfect sounds interesting, but as it hasn't been previewed in the weekly... let's just hope it's not another Bison :-(

The Meg looks promising, and it's good to see that we've got a longer Dredd story on the cards - and with John Ridgway on art!

Devons Daddy

sounds great, though its a tough act to follow  what has just taken place in tooth and the megazine of late.

im dubious about sin and dex also, taking them off world? is that the plan, lets hope we dont lose the plot here, a long rest and a return to form may well be what they needed, i will not be negative.

a long dredd in the megazine,im hoping for more of a low key epic like the pit here,then some dredd saves the world type of thing,

but generally with this it seems we are on the rails and with rebelion supporting and it would seem not trying to stifle the creative direction,
then i think we can all look forward to being rewarded for the loyalty we have shone through the lean times.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Leigh S

Past imperfect are one off "alternate history" tales in a 2000 style, apparently.

If they're reprinting Blind Mate they have GOT to be at the end of their Ennis run -  possibly his worst story?