Main Menu

Adventure Time

Started by chris_askham, 18 March, 2012, 07:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris_askham

Anyone seen this crazy f**ked-up show on the Cartoon Network? Funniest thng I've watched in ages. Cottoned on to it by accident when the kids were watching it and I think I found it funnier than they did. Fast becoming 'must-watch ' tv.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVsrgmw3YvQ&feature=related

Van Dom

Yeah this is a mental show, great fun. This one and Regular Show are our two favourites at the moment. I'd probably say Regular Show is just a little bit ahead of Adventure Time, but not by much.
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

My brothers boy watches this. Totally f****d up shananigans. Drives me insane how they pump this drug fuelled garbage out.
Never rub another mans rhubarb

Mudcrab

Correct me if I'm incorrect, but isn't that the voice of Bender on the yellow guy?

Yep, looks weird enough, but you can't beat Ren & Stimpy for proper f**ked up shenanigans, with of course the voice of Fry, Prof F, Zapp etc.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Roger Godpleton

Ash get hungry at 8 o'clock. You need to get back in the kitchen and make me din-ner.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Davek

Quote from: chris_askham on 18 March, 2012, 07:50:52 PM
Cottoned on to it by accident when the kids were watching it

Yeah Yeah, kids were watching it  ;)

I tried to get by kids to give it a go as I had heard about it but they didnt seem too interested in it tbh.

chris_askham

Quote from: Davek on 21 March, 2012, 04:58:51 PM

I tried to get by kids to give it a go as I had heard about it but they didnt seem too interested in it tbh.

Well yes, my kids aren't really that interested. The oldest would rather watch Tracy Beaker and the youngest Justin's House on Cbeebies.

Adventure Time has now become Dad TV, and to be honest that's just how I like it.

Emperor

Oddly I just looked at this thread and realised I'd seen an episode when I had to pick up a friend's kid from school (and was surprised about how bananas it was, there was also a plot involving a Lich King aiming to bring death to the world, which didn't seem that kiddie-friendly) and I got a phone call asking me to pick him up from Cubs tonight. Weird.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

LARF

Yep my kids watch this, it's completely Gaiman. Last episode I saw was a vampire pretending to change a boy and a dog into vampires, but using tomato sauce. Love the animation style.

Dandontdare

holy crap that's brilliantly mad! I am so out of touch with what's on kids TV these days. I once tried to use that as one of the 'pros' vs 'cons' in a debate about whether we all wanted kids. My female friends didn't consider that keeping up with the latest cartoons, toys and pop music was a valid reason to procreate.

TordelBack

Quote from: Dandontdare on 21 March, 2012, 09:45:58 PMMy female friends didn't consider that keeping up with the latest cartoons, toys and pop music was a valid reason to procreate.

It's one of the very best reasons.  You certainly wouldn't get into it for the shit and puke.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: TordelBack on 21 March, 2012, 09:50:50 PM
You certainly wouldn't get into it for the shit and puke.

and then there's the kids!

TordelBack