Main Menu

Good People

Started by Roger Godpleton, 01 August, 2010, 11:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

It's true, this is a great and blissfully cuntless forum.  I like pretty much everybody. Here's a few (and I'll probably forget a few and feel bad and add them later)...

Johnny Stress, because I've met him and he's a decent skin.

Richmond Clements, same as above but also because he commissioned me to do art for Futurequake, I fucked up and realised I couldn't do it, and he forgave me very graciously.

W.R. Logan, Stewart Perkins, whatever, because I wrote a post asking where I could find Eagle reprints of The Apocalypse War and Block Mania, and he sent me them.  For nothing.  As a present.

Tordelback and Usher, for joining my sad old man's dirty crossword club (though skillswise they leave me in the dust.)

Jim Campbell, the rottweiler at the gates of paradise.

Roger for starting this thread but also for revealing personal shit in the past and asking advice when most people would be too scared to - I won't bring it up again so don't ask about it. Also a funny bastard.

Shark, Emperor and Trout for being nice lads and finding the positive in things.

John Smith, Carlos Ezquerra and Colin McNeil, who three of my favourite comic people and living legends, but are quite happy to chat with us normal folks without any arrogance or disdain, unlike some US-based creators I could mention. And even wannabe creators.

As I said, I genuinely like pretty much everyone here. Long live the forum

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

locustsofdeath!

This is a wonderful place. I've gotten so much support, advice and help from all of you wonderful people.

That said, I have to single out a few:

Kerrin, the all-round good guy of the forum (he was even good when he referred to Roger as a cunt). Started the short story comp. Just a cool fellow.

Richmond and Emperor for loads of comics writing advice - gotten better this past year on account of those two.

Bolt for being tough on me when I needed it and oh-so friendly all other times.

Dog Deever, mygrimmbrother and uncle fester - three awesome artists I've worked with, who've become really good friends

Of course Jim Campbell for lettering a ton of stuff I've shoved his way, ha ha.

CF and all the Hell-Trekk lads, even Roger the Cunt.

Then there's those guys I've just enjoyed chatting with: Van Dom, Usher, Colin MacNeil...and so on!

Devons Daddy

HRH Trout
often offers a thread of note, i enjoy to post and read.

but overall, most of us here, place when i get the time, which is far less then i would like, make my day.  :)
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Richmond Clements

Quoteand he forgave me very graciously

Don't be fooled, I'm merely biding my time...

Emperor

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 02 August, 2010, 02:21:31 PMJim Campbell, the rottweiler at the gates of paradise.

The ironic thing is while Jim comes across as the Internet Hulk who'd punch a hole in your head and then ragefuck the hole, he is really rather nice. Just don't make him angry.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 02 August, 2010, 02:47:08 PM
Quoteand he forgave me very graciously

Don't be fooled, I'm merely biding my time...

I suppose in some way you could say I actually saved Futurequake from having a badly-drawn strip. No need to thank me, though, honestly, it's fine
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Cthulouis

Everyone here is great! And if they ain't, they don't tend to last long.

On top of all the gushing going on above, I'd just like to give a cheer to all those who you don't see around much these days. Won't bother listing names, as I'll inevitably insult someone through a momentary fit of forgetfulness, but they know who they are. Hope ya all doing good elsewhere!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Emperor on 02 August, 2010, 02:55:50 PM
The ironic thing is while Jim comes across as the Internet Hulk who'd punch a hole in your head and then ragefuck the hole, he is really rather nice. Just don't make him angry.

I'll confess that I am merely a little grumpy, but the internet appears to amplify that demeanour by several orders of magnitude, leading to this perception of me that I invariably find a little bewildering. (It might also be that I come from Usenet, where the debating style was always a little more --ahem-- robust.)

However, in the spirit of this thread, I'd just like to tell you that you're [spoiler]all a bunch of cunts[/spoiler] but [spoiler]cunts that I don't hate nearly as much as all the other cunts on the internet[/spoiler]. I'm welling up now.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

SmallBlueThing

Your problem Jim, is that you're grumpy AND clever, which is a fucking lethal combination on the internet.
SBT

JayzusB.Christ

QuoteI'd just like to tell you that you're all a bunch of cunts but cunts that I don't hate nearly as much as all the other cunts on the internet.

Whooo's the bastard in the black?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 02 August, 2010, 03:14:23 PM
Whooo's the bastard in the black?

I knew I shouldn't have exposed my vulnerable, sensitive side. I feel so betrayed.

*sob!*

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JayzusB.Christ

Jim, Jim, Jim, I meant it in a nice way.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 02 August, 2010, 03:02:02 PM
I'll confess that I am merely a little grumpy, but the internet appears to amplify that demeanour by several orders of magnitude, leading to this perception of me that I invariably find a little bewildering.

My favourite recent Campbellism:
QuoteYes, I know this, on account of being able to read.

Peter Wolf

I dont care if i dont get mentioned in either of your stupid threads.

Bollocks to all of you.

>:(
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Professor Bear

I thought Jim had actually mellowed out a little thanks to a combination of old age and deciding to stop posting on the John Byrne Forum.