Main Menu

Alice in Wonderland - British version Trailer

Started by Goaty, 18 December, 2009, 10:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goatilocks

The last 3D film I saw was Ice Pirates, in 1984. Horrible experience. Don't think I've seen it since ...

Kerrin

I saw this Wednesday evening and would have to say I was wholly underwhelmed. It somehow managed to end up being considerably LESS than the sum of it's parts. Even Depp was noticeably lacklustre. Being a Burton film it had some great visual design elements but lacked any real guts. Disappointing.

Mike Gloady

If anyone finds themselves somehow watching a 3D movie and they're feeling weird, Mark Kermode has a youtube clip showing how to make yourself some nice, old-fashioned 2D glasses to make the experience a little less annoying.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

johnnystress

I hated this movie and the more I think of it the more I hate it

so I'm off to think about something else

:)

House of Usher

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 21 March, 2010, 12:04:09 AM
3D? WHY? I hope the movie biz regains it's sanity and stops doing this really soon.  It's pointless.

Hmmm. I disagree. I think to a certain extent it means 'you can polish a turd.' Having gone to see Alice in Wonderland this evening, in 3D, I came away feeling like I had just had an experience, but that the film I had seen just wouldn't stand up on its own as a film in 2D. I agree with Tweak72 about the point he covered up with a spoiler tag. There was so much wrong with the film it's hard to know where to start, but it looks like we're not discussing it so I shan't go to the trouble! Highlights were the seemingly effortless performance of Alice, which took centre-stage throughout without hogging the spotlight, and the Red Queen's dialogue, which was great in a film with otherwise patchy writing.
STRIKE !!!

PsychoGoatee

Quote from: JohnMcF on 26 December, 2009, 03:47:31 PM
Beetle Juice, Batman, Edward Scissorhands, Batman Returns, Ed Wood, Mars Attacks! No love here for any of these?

I can help you out here, I like all of those movies. Mars Attacks the least, but still it is fun. Also from Tim I love Sweeney Todd, Pee Wee's Big Adventure, etc.

Oh yeah, so I saw Alice in Wonderland on Monday, enjoyed it quite a bit.

I was in the right mood for it, just a nice trip of a film, a fun watch, it worked for me. Plus, Crispin Glover was great as the Knave. The wrap up was a bit rushed and epilogue a bit odd, but all in all an enjoyable couple hours of escapism, done with style.

James Stacey

Finally got made to watch this last night ... Fucking awful. some nice design but that's about it. Also the entire film, every part of it is teal and orange. I know it's been discussed before but this was just bloody stupid, There is even a scene at the end where the red army (well I say red .. more orange) fight the white (well I say white, white with lots of teal accents)

shit shit shit shit shit

the more I think about it the more shite it was. I might have to watch the ever wonderful Labyrinth tonight to purge this crap from my brian.

(ps. I didn't like it)

bluemeanie

I actually quite liked this movie. But then I've had a soft spot for Burton films since Beetlejuice blew me away as a kid.
Particularly liked Anne Hathaway doing a demented Nigella Lawson and was a fan of the Mad Hatter actually being mad and looking like he might kill Alice every now and then

Still, whoever thought "What this film needs is a bit of inappropriate dance music at the end and some cgi breakdancing" should be raped by a horse and be torn apart by the foal birth.
Totally took the enjoyment out of me right at the end and left a sour taste