Main Menu

JUDGE DREDD 0 delayed

Started by Goatilocks, 17 February, 2010, 09:42:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goatilocks

Drat.

Dear Customer, Greetings from Amazon.co.uk.

We regret to inform you that the following items have been delayed as we are still awaiting stock from our suppliers :  Alan Grant John Wagner "Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 0 (2000ad Judge Dredd)"

Estimated arrival date: March 04 2010 - March 09 2010. One of Amazon's aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we have fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

Cpt Rhodes

Bummer. I had that one on order too. I noticed Harlem Heroes, Al's Baby and Stainless Steel Rat were all available for pre order (due summer 2010)
Can't wait for those ones.

CraveNoir

Well they haven't sent me one, and I ordered it last week.

I wouldn't take it as gospel. I think it's an automatic message if you've had it on preorder for a while, and it's not there on the date of publication they've listed.

I  recently had the same message for a book saying it'd be delayed two weeks, giving an estimated date, but it arrived  two days later.

Mike Gloady

Rebellion publication dates tend to slip pretty often but usually not for very long.  

The exception I can think of being Nikolai Dante: Amerika which was delayed massively for the brilliant reason that the episodes it reprinted hadn't been printed in the prog yet.  Fair enough really.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 17 February, 2010, 11:38:16 AM

The exception I can think of being Nikolai Dante: Amerika which was delayed massively for the brilliant reason that the episodes it reprinted hadn't been printed in the prog yet.

What a fantastic way to fuck with the heads of people who "wait for the trade", though!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Mike Gloady

I know two tradewaiters on Dante and yes, it screwed with their heads pretty majorly.

starfish

it's not just a problem with amazon.

It's also currently listed as out of stock on Book Depository, Waterstones, Bookfellas, and Foyles

But at least now we have a cover image:

http://www.bookfellas.co.uk/scripts/browse.asp?ref=1906735336

Colin YNWA

We also know if that cover image is right that its the stuff from the Annuals and Specials, not it would seem the Star strips, which I always suspected.

Grant Goggans

James Stacey

CraveNoir

As best I can determine from that image, the credits read as follows:

John Wagner
Alan Grant
Steve Mooore

Carlos Ezquerra
Mike McMahon
Kevin O'Neil
Ian Gibson
Brian Bolland
Steve Dillon
Brett Ewins
Brendan McCarthy
Cliff Robinson
John Byrne

No Jose Casanovas, Robin Smith or David Jackson, at least on the cover, so it appears to take us up to the '84 special, and the 2k '83 annual (published in '82). It's difficult to determine how far into the Dredd annuals it goes with just those names.

Maybe Bolland's one page Walter stories will be included, The Alien Zoo from the '82 JD annnual, or just a pin-up or two.

Mike Gloady

I have to say, it was always touted as "annuals and specials" - hopefully when that stuff runs out they'll stuff the Star/Metro stuff into subsequent volumes.

vzzbux

Lets not forget the Ezquerra movie adaption (Ron Smith version as well) and the heavy metal dredds.
For the completest the DC Dredds.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Alski

So what is this? just annuals/specials stories? if so then it should be quite missable.
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

TordelBack

Quote from: emceehamster on 17 February, 2010, 08:44:35 PM
So what is this? just annuals/specials stories? if so then it should be quite missable.

I beg to differ, Sir!  To wit:

QuoteCarlos Ezquerra
Mike McMahon
Kevin O'Neil
Ian Gibson
Brian Bolland
Steve Dillon
Brett Ewins
Brendan McCarthy
Cliff Robinson
John Byrne