Main Menu

Gil Gerard and Erin Grey in new BUCK ROGERS clip

Started by Goatilocks, 06 March, 2010, 12:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goatilocks

"... but what we have here is a clip showing a young Buck Rogers (BOBBY RICE), who is working on his parents (played by Gil Gerard and Erin Grey) to let him go to France to join the Air Corp during World War I."

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/44187

Mardroid

Hmm. I wasn't too sure of the kid's acting but Gil Gerard and Erin Grey did well. (I only recognised her by the way!)

As for Star Trek: Phase II, I've see those episodes. Very cheesy, but I think they're supposed to be. I didn't like the pilot, but the others actually weren't bad.

W. R. Logan

Quote from: Mardroid on 06 March, 2010, 09:08:29 PM
Hmm. I wasn't too sure of the kid's acting but Gil Gerard and Erin Grey did well. (I only recognised her by the way!)

I used to fancy her so much 8-) Also didnt recognise Gil until he looked at her and smiled, somethings may change with age but at that point I could see the old Buck.

Professor Bear

Phase 2 is an odd beast - they've gone to great lengths to service the fans of the original shows, but they fuck it up in rather basic ways, like the horrible, horrible Captain Kirk acting and dialogue (though fair enough, the role in that context is always going to be Shatner's and he's a one-off), or the overcompensating for finally giving a gay Trek character screen time with long, lingering shots of man-on-man groping and open-mouthed kissing - which didn't arouse me half as much as they might have been hoping.

Still, a bit disappointed by that Buck Rogers trailer.  When I heard the Phase 2 blokes were doing Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, I'd hoped they'd do the retro thing again, as I quite liked Phase 2 and thought a 1980s throwback sci-fi knockabout would be great fun to see.  They're going for the serials, mind, so that's not to be sniffed at - plenty of good stuff could be done in that format.

Devons Daddy

that was kinda cool,

she has aged well, he on the other hand, i saw a glimmer of buck in his raised eyebrow at one point, otherwise i would not have recognized him.
but in this format, such a show could work out,

it may have a shot at getting picked up by syfy(sci-fi!!!) maybe. i will give it a go. the acting was firm enough.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

ThryllSeekyr

My first thoughts were, to put it nicely.....

It's been a while

Not sure about the coffee colourd filtering, but I guss that serves the purpose of making it like old film projection from a aged reel of film.

It sort of works out better that way.

I'm preety sure this scene was only filmed thiss way as a retrospective moment of remembering a conversation with his parents.

Reminds me so much of what transpired between Luke Skywalker and his uncle in Star Wars and a scene betweent Rico & his parents in Starship Troopers.

I'ds like to see eiher more or al;l of this beofr I can say I truly like this.

vzzbux

I wonder if she still looks good in a jump suit.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

ThryllSeekyr

My oppologies for making them sound bad, but I guyess it's natural and everybody grows old.

Some movie stars do it better than others.

I was just alittle shocked at first.

How about them for the next Ma & Pa Kent?

James Stacey

I was surprised how good Gil was looking. I'm sure the internets will correct me but hasn't he always suffered from eating disorders and was massively overweight at one point. There are photos floating around where all he needs is a belliwheel.

Looks like this could be fun, even if Erin Grey is finally loosing her milf status :(