Main Menu

Podcast ep 21 with 2000AD graphic novels editor Keith Richardson

Started by bluemeanie, 15 March, 2010, 07:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Enjoyed that quite a lot.
Best bits for me just for things being confirmed either way and some items that could possibly be in the pipeline:-

Daily Star Dredd's collected, not before June 2011.
Covers Collection, could be on the cards as he is up for it.
A to Z of characters book, like the Marvel stuff, would like to do one.
Starlord & Tornado reprints, NO.
Rough Demo Dreddverse game has been seen :o

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Thank you very much, Blue and Keith. That was fantastic, though you should of done the voices for each of us. Some really great things coming our way very soon and I found another fan of Mazeworld, now I just need to start the pestering him about it.

COMMANDO FORCES

Grant Goggans

Thanks, guys!  Reprint This! has been updated with all the good words.

Emperor

Thanks to Grant's handy list:

http://reprintthis.blogspot.com/2010/03/reprint-this-update-on-missionary-man.html

It is easy to dig out the pre-orders:

June 2010:
Judge Dredd Case Files #1: ISBN 1906735875
DR & Quinch: ISBN 1906735883

July 2010:
Judge Death: Death Lives!: ISBN 1906735891
ABC Warriors: Meknificent Seven: ISBN 1906735905

August 2010:
Harry Twenty on High Rock - not listed
Judge Dredd: Mega-City Masters #1 - not listed

September 2010:
The Complete Ballad of Halo Jones: ISBN 190673593X
Nemesis the Warlock #1: ISBN 1906735948

October 2010:
Judge Dredd: Mega-City Masters #2: ISBN 1906735956
Zombo: Can I Eat You Please?: ISBN 1906735964

November 2010:
Slaine: Warriors Dawn: ISBN 1906735972
Hewligan's Haircut: ISBN 1906735980

December 2010:
Judge Dredd Case Files #2: ISBN 1906735999

So our cousins from over the Pond can start writing their letters to Santa now...

Good work everyone and cracking news on titles like Missionary Man which people have been after for quite a while.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

James Stacey

Thanks Rich, and thanks to Keith for being so open. Some good stuff to look forward to.

Goatilocks

stacey

what is the itunes bastarding thing. 2 attempts to download now failed. Will try again tonight. Not a happy bunny.

Kev Levell

SCOOP!
Good work, really enjoyed listenin' to that. Thanks to Keith for all the info!

TordelBack

You utter bastards.  I had two stops to make on the way into work today, picking up and dropping off stuff, and I drove obliviously past both of them imagining the shiny spines of the future...

radiator

Taxidermist trade - YES! Hope they include all three Jacob Sardini stories! If you're a fan of Wagner, and you haven't read this story, you're in for a treat!

And looks like the Chopper book will be the 'complete' Chopper which is also great news!

Fantastic stuff - thanks a lot to all involved. Really hope this becomes a regular thing.

re: this new Dredd game, though - I REALLY hope it's not the Dredd MMO that Jason Kingsley was hinting at last year.... I'm suspicious as Richardson specifically called it a Dredd-WORLD game... Hmmm.

The Monarch

I don't get it how can such an important story be overlooked?!?

Peter Wolf

That was a good listen and i like the sound of Keith Richardson.

Of course i fielded my question which didnt get asked as it was answered when the S+S thing was explained in full.Stupidly i only recalled the question that i actually wanted to ask when i was listening which was why was Harlem Heroes reprinted without Inferno which is its sequel ?

It seems like a wasted opportunity as i dont recall the page count of Inferno being very high and certainly not high enough to print into a trade especially when its pointed out that Cradlegrave which has a similar page count which is not enough to print as a trade.

Perhaps they have other ideas but i doubt it.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

bluemeanie

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 16 March, 2010, 11:56:57 AM
That was a good listen and i like the sound of Keith Richardson.

I hear he sells signed underwear photos at cons if you are interested. All very tasteful like.

Bolt-01

Keith did indeed pop over and we had a good chat on the Sunday at Brum, and he was straight up about buying a copy of Zarjaz for himself too.

Nice to hear him say good things about us, and if he wants to see more Trapper Hag- I know a place where it could happen!

I'm really glad to hear that Harry 20 is going to be released over here too, a damn fine story.