Return of the King & happiness!!

Started by Woolly, 18 December, 2003, 01:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly

Just been to see it.
IT FUCKIN ROCKS!!!!!!

Also just bought prog 2004.
IT ALSO FUCKIN ROCKS!!!!!!!

Its me n my girlfriends 1st anniversery.
I'm so happy i could burst!!!

Last of the V8's

I must say Peter Jackson has pulled it off yet again.
Superb bit of cinema although the ending was a bit twee.

Bony Fella

I'd have liked the scouring of the shire to be there as a kick at the end, but as it stood, an excellent cinematic trilogy! Can't wait to complete my collection of extended editions! Imagine how good that'll be!!! Woo!

Woolly

Cant wait for the day when i can do the directors cut trilogy in one sitting.

Only another year to go..... (sigh)

Queen Firey-Bou

arghhhhhhGGGGGGG! no spoiling huh ? its 20 years since i read the books n have forgotten, can't mega wait, it'll be ages til us clan can afford the journey to cinema tho... arghhhGGGGG.

Steamboy

not out in Oz toll boxing day(26th Dec)be first in line this year as I have been the last 2, Can't f'n wait going to be awsome, can't wait, can't wait...... please oh please just over a week to go hurry up time....screw Christmas I want Boxing day....

CU Krestel the impatient.....

I, Cosh

I finally got round to watching Happiness tonight after a workmate pestering me about it for the last couple of years and it was quite something. It's an extraordinarily bleak and twisted view of pretty much everyone but also riotously, inappropriately funny in bits. It's sort of like a Woody Allen relationship comedy remade by Frankie Boyle.

Return of the King was pretty good too.
We never really die.

Jared Katooie

Y'know Cosh, considering the last post on this thread was madeseven years ago, I doubt anyone would have objected to your starting up a new thread.

Still, I guess it's not really a big deal.

Personally I didn't much like Happiness (thankfully I no longer experience it), but there's no denying the fact that it takes real guts to appear in a film like that. Hard to believe it was made in America really...

Emperor

Quote from: Jared Katooie on 28 March, 2010, 02:42:59 AM
Y'know Cosh, considering the last post on this thread was madeseven years ago, I doubt anyone would have objected to your starting up a new thread.

Especially as this thread is about going to see Return of the Kings and happiness in general, whereas Cosh seems to be referring to Happiness, a specific... film/TV show? But which one? There are lots:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happiness_(disambiguation)

Personally I like The Happiness of the Katakuris.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

I, Cosh

Quote from: Emperor on 28 March, 2010, 03:20:09 AMCosh seems to be referring to Happiness, a specific... film/TV show? But which one?
The Todd Solondz film, featuring Philip Seymour Hoffman and an exceptional turn from Dylan Baker (not a name I was familiar with) as the paedo dad.
Quote from: Emperor on 28 March, 2010, 03:20:09 AMPersonally I like The Happiness of the Katakuris.
I was tremendously disappointed by it. My girlfriend and I both thought it looked like great fun but ended up finding it rather boring. The old grandfather was good.
We never really die.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: The Cosh on 28 March, 2010, 06:42:57 PM
Quote from: Emperor on 28 March, 2010, 03:20:09 AMPersonally I like The Happiness of the Katakuris.
I was tremendously disappointed by it. My girlfriend and I both thought it looked like great fun but ended up finding it rather boring. The old grandfather was good.

The original Korean film that it was a remake of (Quiet Family) is also well worth seeking out - it's far superior and much funnier, if anything, and I say that as a confirmed Katakuris fan.
@jamesfeistdraws

Goatilocks

Loved Happiness - but it's absoultely nuts. A father drugging his whole family so he can rape his young son's best friend, a female writer wishing she had been raped to get into a character's mindset - fucked-up. People were walking out of the cinema when I saw it. To this day my missus has only seen the first half; she refuses to sit through it all.

And re-reading the above I guess I don't blame her  :lol:

Adrian Bamforth

Might I add, I've just seen Return of The Jedi, and what marvellous entertainment it is...and Vadar being [spoiler]Luke's Dad[/spoiler]...well whoever saw THAT coming?  Lucas, you've done it again!

Tiplodocus

It's not a patch on the original MAGNIFICENT SEVEN.  (Or the SEVEN SAMURAI for that matter)
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Jared Katooie

I just saw a wonderful movie called The Jazz Singer. During one part of the film I could hear actual sounds relating to the onscreen action!

Technology marches on!